The playoff committee is about to get tested

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
I loved Delany's explanation on gameday this morning saying he really wanted it to be about conference champions but he "lost the election" last time I checked, when a democrat loses an election they don't suddenly become a republican. I agree OSU has a very valid argument but I hate the hypocrisy of it all. If this were the SEC with an 11-1 Bama, 11-2 LSU sitting at home watching a 10-2 Florida playing a 10-2 Auburn, Delany would not be jocking for a Bama/LSU possible inclusion as everyone is trying to do with OSU/Michigan. I don't care what anyone says, if PSU/Wisconsin and Ohio State or Michigan were swapped with the same records, with a 10-2 OSU/Michigan playing for conference champ this would be a much different argument. I also think it is very funny that the head to head only matters in the Wisconsin argument but has no factor in the PSU one.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I loved Delany's explanation on gameday this morning saying he really wanted it to be about conference champions but he "lost the election" last time I checked, when a democrat loses an election they don't suddenly become a republican. I agree OSU has a very valid argument but I hate the hypocrisy of it all. If this were the SEC with an 11-1 Bama, 11-2 LSU sitting at home watching a 10-2 Florida playing a 10-2 Auburn, Delany would not be jocking for a Bama/LSU possible inclusion as everyone is trying to do with OSU/Michigan. I don't care what anyone says, if PSU/Wisconsin and Ohio State or Michigan were swapped with the same records, with a 10-2 OSU/Michigan playing for conference champ this would be a much different argument. I also think it is very funny that the head to head only matters in the Wisconsin argument but has no factor in the PSU one.
You guys know what I think about Delany, but he is right here. He essentially said, this isn't what I wanted, but it is what "you" wanted, so shut up and deal with it.

You asked for it. You got it.

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
I can't wait to see how it turns out myself. Does the same committee that has stated they give more weight to conference champions vs non conference champions, go back on their word an throw a giant biased wrench into their own selection criteria?
How can you honestly put OSU in the playoffs if they didn't even win their conference?
Which conference champion will they leave out for OSU?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How can you honestly put OSU in the playoffs if they didn't even win their conference?
Which conference champion will they leave out for OSU?
So, you think that conference championship should be a requirement? Really? Did you believe that in 2011 for the BCS? :conf3:

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
So, you think that conference championship should be a requirement? Really? Did you believe that in 2011 for the BCS? :conf3:
It's not my requirement it's the playoff committe's requirement! How can the go back on their own rules an still be taken seriously?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is all so simple to me. Ohio State is one of the four best teams and deserves the invite. If Clemson wins, the winner of the B1G will go to the Rose Bowl. Not a bad consolation prize.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
You guys know what I think about Delany, but he is right here. He essentially said, this isn't what I wanted, but it is what "you" wanted, so shut up and deal with it.

You asked for it. You got it.
I agree completely, my point is he would not be saying "you want it you got it" if the BIG were in Washington's shoes. Just call a spade a spade. I also don't think it was what "we" wanted as much as it was him not wanting it. Just so happens the SEC got weaker and the BIG got stronger. If roles were reversed back in 2011 and it was OSU and Michigan in a rematch then it wouldn't be about what "we" wanted. I don't blame the guy, I just don't like how he is playing both sides of the fence as it benefits his conference. I guess I am asking too much for someone to be honest and say "hey I didn't like it when it looked like the SEC could get a couple teams in every year but now that my conference is up seems like a great idea to me"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.