Not open for further replies.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I am starting to fear Trump is digging the hole so deep that the next president will not be able to dig us out. Even if the next president is not like Trump why should the EU trust us? We have shown that America is susceptible to dramatic change in policy every 4 years.
starting?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I am starting to fear Trump is digging the hole so deep that the next president will not be able to dig us out. Even if the next president is not like Trump why should the EU trust us? We have shown that America is susceptible to dramatic change in policy every 4 years.
An additional problem is that he's a massive minority president, lost by 3 million vote, and the Congress is a minority body, the "majority" representing over 1 million fewer voters than the "minority." If you're coming from the perspective of a parliamentary system, where the government can only govern from a position of majority, this is a bit shaking...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
An additional problem is that he's a massive minority president, lost by 3 million vote, and the Congress is a minority body, the "majority" representing over 1 million fewer voters than the "minority." If you're coming from the perspective of a parliamentary system, where the government can only govern from a position of majority, this is a bit shaking...
Some would argue that tyranny of the majority is bad, but tyranny of the minority is fine.

Why can't we just keep the Senate as the body designed to empower the voice of small states and make the House actually representative of the people, as was its original intention? Forget national popular vote, just that small change alone would dramatically reform the power dynamics in this country for the better. Our current democratic structure gives one party overweighted power in all three branches of government, and we've seen how toxic that situation is.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Some would argue that tyranny of the majority is bad, but tyranny of the minority is fine.

Why can't we just keep the Senate as the body designed to empower the voice of small states and make the House actually representative of the people, as was its original intention? Forget national popular vote, just that small change alone would dramatically reform the power dynamics in this country for the better. Our current democratic structure gives one party overweighted power in all three branches of government, and we've seen how toxic that situation is.
turning Libertarian on us?

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
starting?
Yes. At one point I thought the hole was not so deep that it would be impossible for a good president and congress to get us back on a good path in 4 years. Now I think it may take a decade and America is not known for electing in a similar way 3 elections in a row.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Yes, that is a problem too. I was talking about how Trump has shown that our comitments are only as good as who we elect and that we are quite capable of electing someone that is the complete opposite of his predecessor in an election cycle. So they cannot make long term plans with America moving forward because we may just flip everything in 4 years.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Here is a link to an article about a ribbon cutting he did at a plant in Texas. He should get some measure of credit for getting the state right you libtard. (Said in a smarter than thou, you can't trick me you evil commie, trumper voice)

https://www.thecut.com/2019/10/donald-trump-cuts-ribbon-on-louis-vuitton-workshop.html

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If that preacher doesn’t like homosexuality, I wonder what he thinks of certain photos from Melania’s modeling days that I can’t post here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.