The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
And yet Trump was mad at Sessions for recusing himself appropriately when Trump would have benefitted had he not done so and Sessions had then interfered in the investigation like Trump wanted him to do and like his minion Barr has done repeatedly since becoming AG. Very selective in demanding recusal, no?

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
I didn't read into the dissent, particularly on page 6, what you did. Look, I consider myself more on the conservative side of the spectrum, but the last thing I want is a supreme court made up of entirely one party, or a majority that is in lockstep with EVERYTHING the POTUS wants, regardless of party.

I want the SC to be as impartial and constitutionally sound as humanly possible...decisions will be delivered that I disagree with, but I am not conceited enough to think that I am always right:)

If RBG passes, and another conservative judge is appointed...not a good thing as far as checks and balances...although that is the sole reason, I believe, many conservatives continue to vehemently support PDJT.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I didn't read into the dissent, particularly on page 6, what you did. Look, I consider myself more on the conservative side of the spectrum, but the last thing I want is a supreme court made up of entirely one party, or a majority that is in lockstep with EVERYTHING the POTUS wants, regardless of party.

I want the SC to be as impartial and constitutionally sound as humanly possible...decisions will be delivered that I disagree with, but I am not conceited enough to think that I am always right:)

If RBG passes, and another conservative judge is appointed...not a good thing as far as checks and balances...although that is the sole reason, I believe, many conservatives continue to vehemently support PDJT.
Hard to read something that isn't there. Sotomayor has legitimate concerns.

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018

The thing is though, particularly when it comes to security/immigration judges gave obama wide latitude based on the executive branch having wide latitude on enforcing laws that affected these items, including forcing local communities to accept illegals. Those were rulings I hated based local governments should have more power, (how the freak should washington DC politicians be able to force anyone into a community) however came to understand the concept related to federal executive branch having power in this topic and why something like articles of confederation didn't work. However with Trump lower courts do a 180, base rulings based on what they perceive is in his heart vs the facts contained in orders. Admin calls them out, rulings get smacked down, but yet it is the SC justices that are political lemmings,,,, whatever....

Reactions: Bama 8Ball

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
good thing we have a bidness man running things. he can root out those mean old employees that are treating him so unfairly

The latest comments do not mark the first time the Trump administration has stretched the limits of what is allowable under civil service protections. The number of federal employees proving their agencies took prohibited personnel practices against them reached an all-time high in Trump’s first year in office, according to the Office of Special Counsel. The State Department’s inspector general released two reports this year finding that the department illegally engaged in the political targeting of career employees. Federal law prohibits agencies from discriminating against any employee on the basis of political affiliation, or for any federal official to “coerce any applicant or employee to engage in political activity, or to retaliate against such individuals based on partisan politics.”

Trump has railed against the intelligence community whistleblower who brought a complaint about the president’s call with the president of Ukraine that ultimately led to his impeachment, as well as many of the career and political employees who testified in the ensuing hearings.

During a trip abroad to India on Tuesday, Trump acknowledged the hit lists but downplayed their significance.

“I don't think it's a big problem. I don't think it's very many people,” he said, adding he wants workers who are “loyal to our country.”
"Hit list" on public employees that are not political appointments, Trump admits it, Trump supporters first deny it and now when faced with proof will support the president anyway. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide and 92tide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The thing is though, particularly when it comes to security/immigration judges gave obama wide latitude based on the executive branch having wide latitude on enforcing laws that affected these items, including forcing local communities to accept illegals. Those were rulings I hated based local governments should have more power, (how the freak should washington DC politicians be able to force anyone into a community) however came to understand the concept related to federal executive branch having power in this topic and why something like articles of confederation didn't work. However with Trump lower courts do a 180, base rulings based on what they perceive is in his heart vs the facts contained in orders. Admin calls them out, rulings get smacked down, but yet it is the SC justices that are political lemmings,,,, whatever....
SCOTUS judges are political appointees, and while most have had political leanings their entire lives, they have generally set their ideology aside and ruled based on the Constitution. Most other judges arounf the country are actual politicians - they are elected - and many are not even required to have a law degree to hold the position. Every elected judge has to lean toward his constituents to keep his/her job. That is the problem that we need to fix, not the SCOTUS.

The problem Sotomayor addressed in her opinion - they are sent too many cases where the Constitutional ruling is clear, but the SCOTUS is asked by the DOJ to rule on those cases again in hopes that the currently right leaning court will find in their favor. Note - they are only sending cases to the SCOTUS that meet their right leaning agenda. This is not about justice or the Constitution for the Trump DOJ - it is about rewriting legal precedent.

Throughout history both parties have done this, but apparently Trump is having the DOJ do it more frequently than has been the case in the past, bogging the SCOTUS down in this garbage when they should be doing their job - protecting the Constitution.

Reactions: NationalTitles18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.