Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Neither was ISIS, Vietnam, or Iraq if we're going by Congressionally declared wars.
We have no choice in what we go by. "Enemies" has been legally defined to mean countries engaged in an open and hostile war. Our provision is modeled after and construed from an English treason act of 1351. No one has ever been executed for treason against the US. Even Slovik was executed for desertion. In the few convictions, the defendants were either pardoned or released. Even the Rosenbergs were convicted of espionage, not treason. Some legal scholars disagree about North Korea, since that was never concluded. However, it was a "police action," since Congress never declared war...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I hate to hear that. I'm on page 40; Bolton has just taken the job. The first forty pages were filled with trivia.
I'm on 58. I didn't read any on it last night. It's mostly Bolton blowing his own horn and criticizing Obama. He's easily as big an egotist as Trump. I'm hoping it'll start to pick up a bit...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The Trump administration argued before the SCOTUS yesterday that the ACA should now be unconstitutional. Roberts, in the earlier holding held that the individual mandate was a "tax." Since that's now gone, the argument is that its legal support is now gone. This in the middle of a pandemic which Trump has made far worse. In addition to providing coverage for the uncovered, the ACA added important protections for those already covered...

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
  • Haha
Reactions: Jon and seebell

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Trump administration argued before the SCOTUS yesterday that the ACA should now be unconstitutional. Roberts, in the earlier holding held that the individual mandate was a "tax." Since that's now gone, the argument is that its legal support is now gone. This in the middle of a pandemic which Trump has made far worse. In addition to providing coverage for the uncovered, the ACA added important protections for those already covered...
If he does it then Biden will pull as close to a Ronald Reagan 1984 result that we ever will see in our lifetimes.

Reactions: UAH and TIDE-HSV

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I agree.They've already shot their feet so much, there's hardly anything left...
I remember hearing from a strategist for Trump (now has written a book and is trying to distance himself from Trump) flat out say "Trump doesn't understand that he is widely unpopular, or why he won. He only understands that he won". He basically said the polls weren't wrong in 2016 like Trumpers claim, he said what they didn't see were how close some of those surprise swing states were after Clinton beat Bernie. This guy said they practically had to force Trump to go to Michigan, Wisconsin, and North Florida those final days when he wanted to go to places like Alabama, Texas, and Arkansas to pleasant crowds.

This is when this guy was still on Trump's staff, and basically he hinted that Trump couldn't have won it without his analysts and strategists that were looking at this data obsessively . I don't think he has the support staff that he did in 2016. I have a feeling that he is basically going to pull a Richard Scrushy and get big headed with your second go at bad odds and forget that all star that won you the 1st go at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.