The Texas DE we got as a gift, late signing

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Can any one provide an update as to how this young man is developing ? I believe his name was Eric. How is he doing in practices and where is he working out ? Are the coaches making a linebacker out of him ? He was a bit light to play the dl in the SEC. Any news would be appreciated. Also, as a side note, I met some great young guys from upstate Bama who were contractors helping to clean up hurricane destruction here in nw Fl. Was good for the soul.

Thanks,

RTR

Roll_Tide_Gal

1st Team
Jul 15, 2004
Oak Grove, Alabama
Eryk Anders, #51. He will redshirt this year and Coach Kines really likes his speed and work ethic. Kines said something to the tune of "God made him real fast and he likes to run fast."

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
If I remember correctly, he was a DT in high school. It's no suprise that he is having trouble adapting to playing standing up, if that's what you're referring to, rto. Obviously he can't be an SEC DT. Hopefully the staff will be patient with him as he learns a completely foreign position. We have plenty of DEs. We need LBs.

ajacks04

3rd Team
Jul 15, 2004
I remember Kines saying that he was doing quite well having never played linebacker before. I know that during fall camp, he was all around the ball. He may not have known exactly what he was doing, but he was doing it pretty good.

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
I really love it when Alabama finds such players. Strong track record of contribution coming from such finds, too, over the years. I have no doubt that Eryk's discovery will be the subject of sports commentary in years to come.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I have a feeling he's gonna turn out to be special, he played DT at the 5A level in Texas and had over 100 tackles, about half of which were either sacks or behind the LOS. Sounds like he's blessed with great instincts and a great motor. Plus, he was a sprinter on the track team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.