The TideFans Name Thread

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
The first 10 I tried were taken so I got a little tired of trying anything meaningful and took whatever it allowed.
I've used Crimsonhawk as an internet handle since message boards in the early nineties and it was taken here. I don't believe I've
ever seen the person who has it make a post.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i graduated in the summer of 92 (on the 5 year plus a couple of summers plan) and was still around in tuscaloosa through the 92 season. that has always been my favorite team since i started going to bama games in '78 with my dad; i assumed bama was always supposed to be at the top, then we had perkins and curry. i lurked around in 99 (and may have posted pre-crash but can't remember) then signed up in 2000. got to go through all of the awesomeness of the dubose-fran-price-shula era on-line.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Nothing unique or exciting for me.
My name is Russell. Most people call me Russ. The first internet forum I joined was a car forum and I had a Mustang at the time, so russtang sounded like a good username. The next forum I joined I just used the same name so I could remember it. I still use russtang or some form of it on every forum I've ever used.

ua86

1st Team
Nov 20, 2009
North Alabama
This is deep and very subtle. I agonized over this for days.
=> Graduated UA 1986 (EE)
=> Don't believe in wasting keystrokes
Thus ..... ua86

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I guess mine is obvious. My son just finished his second highly successful year at UA and is in Italy with UA Study abroad until the end of the month. When he graduates in '20, I'd say y'all might threaten to kick me out, but my second son appears to be right behind. He sees all of the great things his brother is doing and thus UA is #1 on his college list. I could potentially be a Bama Dad for 9 straight years as the younger one is showing interest in the 5 year Eng/MBA track.

My current name beats my original name, WSIV70 which is my initials, I'm a 4th and my birth year.
If you remember, I suggested you select something more descriptive... :D

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I guess mine is obvious. My son just finished his second highly successful year at UA and is in Italy with UA Study abroad until the end of the month. When he graduates in '20, I'd say y'all might threaten to kick me out, but my second son appears to be right behind. He sees all of the great things his brother is doing and thus UA is #1 on his college list. I could potentially be a Bama Dad for 9 straight years as the younger one is showing interest in the 5 year Eng/MBA track.

My current name beats my original name, WSIV70 which is my initials, I'm a 4th and my birth year.
So if Coach O aggravates you enough this coming year, will you change your name to LSUGrad2BamaFan? haha Krymsonman

My son did the first, and I think only, study abroad in New Zealand. Loved his time at BAMA.

pastorbt

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 9, 2017
First part is self explanatory. I am a pastor. First name begins with B, middle name begins with T. When I first registered here I lived in San Antonio and I think my first username had something including SATX. After moving back to Opelika I eventually registered again. Don't post much but have stalked this forum almost daily for years. This has been a great thread!!!!!

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
Everyone else seems to have good stories and/or meaningful reasons for their screen name. I have always used the tried and true method of picking my screen names based on fictional characters from various movies and one TV show.

Here I am Lazlo Hollyfeld, the guy who lives in Chris and Mitch's closet in the movie Real Genius. I am registered on several other sites under different names and for the mods I only use one name per site. Other names on other sites are Dr. Zaius, Lionel Mandrake, H.E. Pennypacker, Uncle Rico, and Pinky Carruthers.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Mine is ancient, in internet terms, and simple. "HSV" is of course the international designation for the Huntsville airport. I started using it on TiderInsider, when there were only a dozen or so of us, to designate where I was posting from. I still use it almost everywhere. I seldom post on rival boards, unless there's a blatant falsehood about Bama or Tidefans. When I do, I no longer use the handle because it's too recognizable and identified with Tidefans. I was using it years ago when Brett kicked me off the old listserv for making a snarky remark, which he claims not to remember... :D
Hahaha now that's funny I dont care who you are...

Bidgood

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2011
In 1968 my father moved our young family from Nashville to Tuscaloosa where he took a job running the Business Library. Bidgood is where Dad's office was.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.