The trenches (does Bama match up to ND's lines?)

Dec 29, 2020
The SEC doesn’t know what power football is anymore ... does it ? It seems they have completely abandon a pound to ground run attack style within any program in the conference . Has Alabama seen a team that will run at them for 4 quarters ? and even if talent doesn’t match up on paper the physicality will keep them guessing . The answer my friends is the no. #23 mindset ...and I quote for Friday’s game . “It's the mutual bond between us (referring to the offensive line) that they're going to have to kill us to stop us”

“We have nothing to lose nobody believes in us , we don’t want them to believe in us we believe in ourselves” Will Alabama be ready to dig in the trenches ........we ll find out . we are ND

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The SEC doesn’t know what power football is anymore ... does it ? It seems they have completely abandon a pound to ground run attack style within any program in the conference . Has Alabama seen a team that will run at them for 4 quarters ? and even if talent doesn’t match up on paper the physicality will keep them guessing . The answer my friends is the no. #23 mindset ...and I quote for Friday’s game . “It's the mutual bond between us (referring to the offensive line) that they're going to have to kill us to stop us”

"Friday that we're going to leave it all out there on the field." “We have nothing to lose nobody believes in us , we don’t want them to believe in us we believe in ourselves” Will Alabama be ready to dig in the trenches ........we ll find out . we are ND
I really hope it is that simple, because Alabama will eat ND's lunch worse than in 2012 if it is.

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
While I admire your confidence, ground and pound ain't gonna win this ballgame for you.
It will be a better game than the last time you met, we can still play against a good running game and we have the offensive weapons to put a great amount of pressure on your offense to deviate from your three yards and a cloud of dust offense.
Good luck to you.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The SEC doesn’t know what power football is anymore ... does it ? It seems they have completely abandon a pound to ground run attack style within any program in the conference . Has Alabama seen a team that will run at them for 4 quarters ? and even if talent doesn’t match up on paper the physicality will keep them guessing . The answer my friends is the no. #23 mindset ...and I quote for Friday’s game . “It's the mutual bond between us (referring to the offensive line) that they're going to have to kill us to stop us

"Friday that we're going to leave it all out there on the field." “We have nothing to lose nobody believes in us , we don’t want them to believe in us we believe in ourselves” Will Alabama be ready to dig in the trenches ........we ll find out . we are ND
I love it when opposing teams (and fans) make those kinds of statements. You never see them after the game... :)

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
From a game theory perspective, the OP is not wrong.

Our defenses are statistically similar; our offenses are, uh, not. The law of large numbers is not Notre Dame’s ally in this game. If each team has an equal number of possessions, then the more possessions, the more likely we will win. Therefore, the sine qua non for Notre Dame is to limit our possessions: milk the clock to reduce total possessions by each team; then, don’t turn the ball over and steal an extra possession or two, so that Alabama has fewer possessions than Notre Dame. An offensive focus on the run plus high percentage short passes seems to be in order for ND Friday. It may not be enough for them to win, but if I'm strategizing for ND, it's the strategy that maximizes their odds. A track meet will almost assuredly result not only in our victory, but also in our covering.

The odds-makers aren’t dummies. We’re 19 points favored for a reason; and yet the Florida spread wasn’t much less, and the game was in doubt to the very end. I don’t believe it’s likely ND will repeat its minimal ACC title game scoring; something around 30 seems more likely. So if the loss of Landon Dickerson renders our pass and run blocking sufficiently less effective and we fail to score 35 for the first time in two seasons, ND hits the other objectives above, and there are no game changing injuries on either side, it could be up for grabs deep into the fourth. Still, it's a lot of assumptions and bounces going their way; that's why we're -19/-20...

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
You know, I don't think anyone on the Bama team, from the coaches all the way down to the waterboy, is taking ND lightly................and Sark has probably been gaming this one a bit, as has Saban. It will be a tough game, but I think Bama will cover...............it's almost like people think Bama will just lay down

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.