Status
Not open for further replies.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
What Q thinks is going on now and why March 4th is a thing

I'm beginning to think the following:
1, DJT will not be convicted by the Senate...the GOP likes their power and wants it back...they will not stand up to him.
2. JB will have a tough time getting what he wants on any front...and the right wing media will keep the lies and disinformation running 24/7 for the next 4 years.
3. The Dems care more about their fringe groups than they do common sense and winning elections. GOP regains Senate in 2022 and maybe the House.
4. DJT will run again in 2024...either as GOP nominee or a 3rd party. He actually could possibly win...and we can put that one on the Dem's actions...
5. Our country will continue to be deeply divided and essentially paralyzed in confronting major issues on the home front.

Yes...I am pretty realistic and probably pessimistic...I see no way to unite us with the extremist agendas dominating both parties. I also see no way to educate people who will not be educated. The country we have known and loved and served is no more...it is fading away just like all other major nations have done over the passing of time.

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK and UAH

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
1, DJT will not be convicted by the Senate...the GOP likes their power and wants it back...they will not stand up to him.
2. JB will have a tough time getting what he wants on any front...and the right wing media will keep the lies and disinformation running 24/7 for the next 4 years.
3. The Dems care more about their fringe groups than they do common sense and winning elections. GOP regains Senate in 2022 and maybe the House.
4. DJT will run again in 2024...either as GOP nominee or a 3rd party. He actually could possibly win...and we can put that one on the Dem's actions...
5. Our country will continue to be deeply divided and essentially paralyzed in confronting major issues on the home front.

Yes...I am pretty realistic and probably pessimistic...I see no way to unite us with the extremist agendas dominating both parties. I also see no way to educate people who will not be educated. The country we have known and loved and served is no more...it is fading away just like all other major nations have done over the passing of time.
I generally agree with your sentiments and would only say that a number of individuals in the legal community are advocating for assigning special prosecutors to investigate Trump and others for their crimes then pursue prosecution in the courts. Like you I believe a show trial in the Senate will go no where without a thorough investigation beforehand. The question is whether or not the Dems have the will or diligence enough to see this to the end.

Evidence would say that Congress had become incapable of accomplishing much of anything.

I tend to believe that Biden desires to govern as a moderate but see that the far left wants it all now. In short I see the far left wanting an alphabet soup of measures from Washington but by in large do not have the organization or will to build a political base to support their objectives. In the south at least that war has already been fought and they lost.

No doubt the next few elections will determine whether or not our Democracy will survive.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

That's pretty much the glass is 3/4 empty view. It could happen that way. I think the actuality will be somewhere in the middle between the worst and best. I think the Democrats hold onto the House and the Republicans lose the Senate. Look at the lineup of seats the Republicans have to defend in 2022. Portman announced his resignation today. If he lives, Trump either runs again as a Republican, or, as you say, an independent. I think the latter is more likely. If so, he splits the Republicans right down the middle and he can't possibly win - either way. That's the optimistic side. The schism on the Democratic side is the downside. Number 3. is a no-go. They don't care more. That will cause the schism. The "progressives" won't get what they want, at any level, just as they didn't in the past presidential campaign. However, they will pout in Congress, which means that the things that need to get done probably don't...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i may be missing something, but i don't see the progressive wing of the democrats putting up much in the way of roadblocks to president biden at this point. the dems pretty much seem to be on the same page about most things. mitch and the boys are doing exactly what they did in 2008, gumming up the works as much as they can. as of right now, the media is not playing along to the extent they did in 2008, but i don't know how long that will last. there have been a few futile attempts to whattabout and both sides things this past few days, but they seem to be falling flat.

hopefully the gop will rip itself to shreds, but that's going to take a while. it should have happened after bush's disastrous second term, but here we are.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and B1GTide

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
That's pretty much the glass is 3/4 empty view. It could happen that way. I think the actuality will be somewhere in the middle between the worst and best. I think the Democrats hold onto the House and the Republicans lose the Senate. Look at the lineup of seats the Republicans have to defend in 2022. Portman announced his resignation today. If he lives, Trump either runs again as a Republican, or, as you say, an independent. I think the latter is more likely. If so, he splits the Republicans right down the middle and he can't possibly win - either way. That's the optimistic side. The schism on the Democratic side is the downside. Number 3. is a no-go. They don't care more. That will cause the schism. The "progressives" won't get what they want, at any level, just as they didn't in the past presidential campaign. However, they will pout in Congress, which means that the things that need to get done probably don't...
Yes...about ¾ empty. I hope I am completely wrong...your perspective is quite possible...If that happens and the Dems control their fringe then some good things can happen. A lot depends up on whether people want to work together or acquire and wield their power...

Reactions: MobtownK

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes...about ¾ empty. I hope I am completely wrong...your perspective is quite possible...If that happens and the Dems control their fringe then some good things can happen. A lot depends up on whether people want to work together or acquire and wield their power...
I think you were hoping for someone to come along with a more optimistic view and cheer you up... :)

Reactions: Padreruf

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Immediately in the aftermath of Trump's insurrection I thought there was a chance the senate would convict Trump because it looked like a number of GOP were turning on him. I really thought some were starting to see how this could prevent Trump from ever holding office again and the party could move on. In the past week, week and a half, they have all seemed to jump back on his bandwagon though. Zero chance of a conviction now. I have never seen a group of people so scared of a person that they will do anything that person commands.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
she sure likes posing with guns as fashion accessories.
Well, she was born in and lived in Florida until age 12, which means her parents are probably Floridians. You hardly notice her home town, Rifle, as you drive through on I-70. Her 3rd district is humongous in land area. It's probably the western 45% of the whole state. There're just not that many people out there. I could be wrong (again!), but it wouldn't surprise me if she's just a one-term representative...

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and UAH

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We owned a condo in Vail for about ten years and lived there about half-time, so I'm a little more aware of CO politics. I was aware of Rifle only as a road sign, except we had a couple of friends who lived in Eagle-Vail and he had lung cancer, a retired architect/smoker. As his breathing got worse, they moved down-valley to Rifle, which is still slightly higher than Denver, but lower than Vail. We still have friends around the Front Range and also out around Grand Junction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.