The Trump Capitol Insurrection Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is so true. I got sucked into a roughly 90 second conversation last week with a patient after finishing her procedure. I didn't bring Trump up; she told me the thought Trump was a great president and asked if I agreed. I responded I don't care much for Trump.

Her: It's his personality, right?

Me: I can't get past his personality.

Her: President Trump has done a lot of great things for the Christians of this country. The election was stolen from him.

Me: I wonder why he wasn't able to prove it in court. He lost over sixty lawsuits.

Her: There are a lot of corrupt judges in this country. It sounds like you have been fake news'd. What news do you watch?

Me: I get my news from reading.

Her: The press is corrupt. Haven't you heard that?

Me: What news do you watch?

Her: OAN is where I get my news.

Me: Is OAN not part of the press.

Her: I hate that you have been fake news'd.

At this point she left in a huff. Earlier this week I received a letter from her. I'll post it later today. I didn't handle the situation well at all. I had no intention of losing a patient. I thought I was just responding to her queries and we were talking. I had no idea she was becoming offended.
I probably would have exploded at the Franklin Graham remark. My SIL worked for and retired from the Billy Graham Crusade, after Franklin had taken it over. He treated his father's employees like dirt. He's scum, just another money-grubbing TV preacher/huckster...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I probably would have exploded at the Franklin Graham remark. My SIL worked for and retired from the Billy Graham Crusade, after Franklin had taken it over. He treated his father's employees like dirt. He's scum, just another money-grubbing TV preacher/huckster...
franklin graham is absolute trash. lots of evangelicals look up to him for some reason.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I hope he just mis-spoke and realizes that at the end of the day, they didn't do their job. If they did their job the Capitol would not have been breached or at least not as easily as it was. If he believes it was a job well done he should be fired.
it sounds like this guy and many/all of those capitol officers shoulder to shoulder with him that day did their jobs quite admirably.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Here is the letter this lady sent me. There is no return address on the envelope. She didn't sign the letter. I promise, I never had any idea she would take this much offense from the above conversation. Lesson learned. I have punctuated and spelled as she did.

Dr. Widner,

When I left your office Tuesday I felt like I had been run over by a big truck. I am still up-set over our visit. I have prayed and prayed over it and you. I was shocked that someone who goes to church and sings in the choir was not a Christian, but from all I saw and heard I was not hearing a Christian brother. I couldn't understand why you would hate Pres. Trump so bad. But you were full of hate. I could see it in your face.
You have been reading the wrong papers. They haven't been telling all that Trump has done for just the Christians. He has worked day and night for our country. He was the only one against abortion (killing babies) which should get the approval of every Christian. I would hate to face God knowing I had voted for anyone who was for abortion (killing babies)

I hope you never preach to anyone else the hate you gave to me. I am still in shock that you would talk like that to a patient. This is to inform you that I won't be back to subject myself to anything like that again.

By the way Pres. Trump had 75 million people vote for him including Franklin Graham. We can't all be mis-led.
He did win the election but it was stolen from him.

I will forgive you but it's taking a little time
For the life of me I just can't find the verse in my Bible that says we all have to be GOP Trump lovin' morons. I also can't find a single verse about abortion. Oh, I can find verses about murder but, these same abortion haters don't seem to care about all the other murders happening in our country.

I hope he just mis-spoke and realizes that at the end of the day, they didn't do their job. If they did their job the Capitol would not have been breached or at least not as easily as it was. If he believes it was a job well done he should be fired.
Many of them did the best they could with absolutely zero support or backup coming from DC police or the military (the same military that takes oaths to protect this country and sat on the sidelines that day).

Last edited:
Reactions: MobtownK

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Here is the letter this lady sent me. There is no return address on the envelope. She didn't sign the letter. I promise, I never had any idea she would take this much offense from the above conversation. Lesson learned. I have punctuated and spelled as she did.

Dr. Widner,

When I left your office Tuesday I felt like I had been run over by a big truck. I am still up-set over our visit. I have prayed and prayed over it and you. I was shocked that someone who goes to church and sings in the choir was not a Christian, but from all I saw and heard I was not hearing a Christian brother. I couldn't understand why you would hate Pres. Trump so bad. But you were full of hate. I could see it in your face.
You have been reading the wrong papers. They haven't been telling all that Trump has done for just the Christians. He has worked day and night for our country. He was the only one against abortion (killing babies) which should get the approval of every Christian. I would hate to face God knowing I had voted for anyone who was for abortion (killing babies)

I hope you never preach to anyone else the hate you gave to me. I am still in shock that you would talk like that to a patient. This is to inform you that I won't be back to subject myself to anything like that again.

By the way Pres. Trump had 75 million people vote for him including Franklin Graham. We can't all be mis-led.
He did win the election but it was stolen from him.

I will forgive you but it's taking a little time
does she pay you with Confederate money?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
it sounds like this guy and many/all of those capitol officers shoulder to shoulder with him that day did their jobs quite admirably.
They were placed in a no win situation that was not of their own making. Anyone who believes they did not do their jobs and do them as well as they could with one hand tied behind their back and the other bound needs to look in the mirror to figure something out.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Looked up this guy's company and it looks like it was a quality outfit. He threw all that away for a lie.

ETA: Several times in a promotional video this guy talks about "attention to detail".

Hey, buddy, you missed a spot.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Looked up this guy's company and it looks like it was a quality outfit. He threw all that away for a lie.

ETA: Several times in a promotional video this guy talks about "attention to detail".

Hey, buddy, you missed a spot.
when keeping it real goes wrong

Creek is a roofing contractor and father of two whose suburban neighborhood of upscale homes straddles the line between Alpharetta and Johns Creek. He did not speak in court, but appeared to listen attentively, blinking away tears after the judge denied his bond and the handcuffs were put back on.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.