Politics: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Transcripts reveal Vindman and other witnesses pointing out how wrong John Solomon's reporting is

https://www.thedailybeast.com/vindm...-the-key-elements-of-his-reporting-were-false

When pressed by Zeldin on whether his sources found some or all of the parts of Solomon’s report to be false, Vindman replied: “I think all the key elements are false.”“Just so I understand what you mean when you say key elements,” the congressman asked. “Are you referring to everything John Solomon stated or just some of it?”
"All the elements that I just laid out for you,” Vindman said. “The criticisms of corruption were false.”
“Were there more items in there, frankly, congressman? I don’t recall,” he continued. “I haven’t looked at the article in quite some time, but you know, his grammar might have been right.”

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I was waiting on my wife's rehab session today and minding my own business sitting on a couch in a lobby. Two older guys walked by me and stopped, they were both white, probably in their late 70's. Their conversation was "they ain't got nothing on him.", "yeah nothing they have will stick, he is too smart". One had on a Trump MAGA hat. It was all I could do to not say something, but considering why I was there I decided to let it go. They were typical of Trump's followers who don't know what he has done, and if they did, they do not care.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I was waiting on my wife's rehab session today and minding my own business sitting on a couch in a lobby. Two older guys walked by me and stopped, they were both white, probably in their late 70's. Their conversation was "they ain't got nothing on him.", "yeah nothing they have will stick, he is too smart". One had on a Trump MAGA hat. It was all I could do to not say something, but considering why I was there I decided to let it go. They were typical of Trump's followers who don't know what he has done, and if they did, they do not care.

Gray - good call on not speaking up. You know how violent those Trumpies can get when they run into someone with a different political opinion than theirs!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Gray - good call on not speaking up. You know how violent those Trumpies can get when they run into someone with a different political opinion than theirs!

at some point Bazz you will wake up and realize that fact does not equal opinion

I hope it happens soon for you

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It looks like they let a marketing firm design it instead of just farming this out to the wordpress/CMS admin for the committee. Makes me think...

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Smart move not to engage. It won't change anything and you don't need the added heartburn. All my family in Birmingham are Trumpers and out of respect, we just don't discuss politics. It's hard but it has to be that way!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Thanks for the link.

I wonder why they have the type in very pale grey on a white background? If they are going to go to the trouble to make that info public they ought to make it reader friendly in my opinion.
odd that it looks fine to me and everyone else seems to have trouble with it

I am using Chrome on ChromeOs and it looks great. All black white and yellow highlights

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
interesting link that seems isn't getting much press

https://ua.usembassy.gov/op-ed-in-novoye-vremya-by-cda-taylor-ukraines-committed-partner/

Bill Taylor (remember him?) Op-Ed on the official Ukraine/US Embassy page dropping some not so subtle bombs

But as everyone who promotes democracy knows, strengthening and protecting democratic values is a constant process, requiring persistence and steady work by both officials and ordinary citizens. As in all democracies, including the United States, work remains in Ukraine, especially to strengthen rule of law and to hold accountable those who try to subvert Ukraine’s structures to serve their personal aims, rather than the nation’s interests.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
interesting link that seems isn't getting much press

https://ua.usembassy.gov/op-ed-in-novoye-vremya-by-cda-taylor-ukraines-committed-partner/

Bill Taylor (remember him?) Op-Ed on the official Ukraine/US Embassy page dropping some not so subtle bombs

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
I thought this paragraph was important in light of the fact that Trump claims the money was being held up because corruption was not being addressed.

Ukraine has made progress toward these goals recently. President Zelenskyy’s administration and the Verkhovna Rada have taken solid steps toward meaningful judicial reform, including the reboot of key anti-corruption institutions that give teeth to the rule of law and other fundamental reforms. The Rada has passed legislation allowing genuine reform of the Prosecutor General’s Office and clarifying the jurisdiction of the High Anti-Corruption Court. A constitutional amendment revoking parliamentary immunity that had enabled corruption has been adopted, and implementing legislation should be adopted soon. The Ukrainian government has quickly passed economic reform legislation to reduce regulatory burdens, strengthen financial regulation, and improve infrastructure through public-private partnerships. The United States has been pleased to support these efforts by providing expertise and technical support for many related initiatives.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Just briefly caught a minute or two of the hearings. For whatever reason, what these two witnesses don't care to understand is that the president of the United States —whoever that is at the time—SETS foreign policy. There is no "irregular" channel.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Just briefly caught a minute or two of the hearings. For whatever reason, what these two witnesses don't care to understand is that the president of the United States —whoever that is at the time—SETS foreign policy. There is no "irregular" channel.
POTUS may set policy, but the State Department is the channel through which it is set. That's the ENTIRE PURPOSE of the State Department.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I got this from a website called - Real Clear Politics. I have no idea if it's located in Russa or France, leans left or right. It came up in a search to read more about Alan Dershowitz comments on the legal issues with Trumps impeachment.

Joe Biden Brags At CFR Meeting About Withholding Aid To Ukraine...2018

LINK

I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours.
I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a gun. (Laughter.) He got fired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.