Politics: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I also want him gone. But I do worry if impeaching him only to have zero Republican senators vote to convict is worth the trouble. Will the trial strengthen his support and make him a martyr and get him a second term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes it is worth the trouble. otherwise we are letting lawlessness and corruption run unchecked.

Reactions: jthomas666

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
yes it is worth the trouble. otherwise we are letting lawlessness and corruption run unchecked.
I agree. It simply has to be done no matter the consequence.

If the American people have fallen so far as to support these abuses of power, the cover up, and the complicity and sanction of and by the senate then the country as a whole will get what it deserves. Very unfortunate that many of us who tried to raise a voice to stop it will suffer as well.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Let’s skip the impeachment and go straight to the chopping block, “like they did in the old days.”

I’ve been reading Anonymous. From what I have gathered so far, he’s a bigger moron than I realized.

Reactions: 92tide

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
It was pretty telling yesterday that the Dem legal experts all said that Trump's actions were clearly impeachable, and the only argument the GOP expert offered against impeachment was -- sit down for this -- the case doesn't yet have enough evidence to proceed because testimony from the witnesses closest to the events is being obstructed by the White House.

He won't be removed because the modern GOP serves only itself, but it needs to be done.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
It was pretty telling yesterday that the Dem legal experts all said that Trump's actions were clearly impeachable, and the only argument the GOP expert offered against impeachment was -- sit down for this -- the case doesn't yet have enough evidence to proceed because testimony from the witnesses closest to the events is being obstructed by the White House.

He won't be removed because the modern GOP serves only itself, but it needs to be done.
I found the GOP questions regarding if the witnesses had personal knowledge (or something to that effect) of the president doing wrong to be disingenuous. No one was there yesterday because they were a witness to the wrongdoing by Trump so that question was asked simply to rile up the base and deceive those ignorant of what the proceedings were about.

Reactions: Go Bama

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I found the GOP questions regarding if the witnesses had personal knowledge (or something to that effect) of the president doing wrong to be disingenuous. No one was there yesterday because they were a witness to the wrongdoing by Trump so that question was asked simply to rile up the base and deceive those ignorant of what the proceedings were about.
the current gop (and i would argue this is true going back a while, at least to the days of gingrich) is not capable of acting in good faith.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Really? Good Lord!

Who Is Rudy Giuliani Meeting With Right Now In Kyiv? Ne’er-Do-Wells And Conspiracists

Giuliani’s movements, pieced together from news reports and social media posts in Ukraine, show that he’s meeting with a hodgepodge of conspiracists, rank opportunists, and compromised former prosecutors (takes one to know one!).

Among the meetings the former U.S. attorney and New York mayor has taken:

• two former Ukrainian prosecutors who have proffered extensively debunked theories about Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and supposed pressure by Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden to block an investigation into the gas company on whose board his son sat.
  • current and former members of Ukrainian parliament who have, in some cases, made newly unfounded corruption allegations against Democratic officials in the U.S.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
A but late on this. But despite all the evidence. I think they rushed. I'd prefer to have Bolton, Mulvaney, etc testify, to have a public ironclad case for impeachment.
I don't know if it would convince those who are firmly in his camp, or that quid pro quo shouldn't be illegal, but it would certainly make a firmer lefal case.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
A but late on this. But despite all the evidence. I think they rushed. I'd prefer to have Bolton, Mulvaney, etc testify, to have a public ironclad case for impeachment.
I don't know if it would convince those who are firmly in his camp, or that quid pro quo shouldn't be illegal, but it would certainly make a firmer lefal case.
The problem with waiting is that you let them get ever closer to their mythological “Will of the electorate” argument. It took one to one and a half months for their last guy to percolate through the courts and be compelled to testify. Even then there is no guarantee that any of them would actually testify. Odds are most in the direct administration would invoke the 5th.

My opinion on the whole “too fast“ argument is that it is something moderate liberals are willing to accede so that they seem to not be completely partisan.

Till now the Republican defense of the Ukraine incident has been procedure, process, and “too serious for <insert bs reason here>”.

The latest is essentially “Think of poor baby Jesus. He shouldn’t have impeachment called for before his birthday.” Let’s not forget that Gingrich started impeachment of Clinton on October 8th, and formally voted to impeach on December 19th.

I say all that to say, don’t fall for this procedural, civility, <insert non legitimate argument that Republicans have to use because their constituents will fire them if they don’t appear to be outraged.> Any sane, non stupid person has to be tired of the president by now. My belief is that Republicans want to push the vote until after primary season, allowing them to be free of primary threats if they don’t fall in line with the Dotard in Chief.

Reactions: UAH and 92tide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
^^^^

Any excuse in or out of the books to delay the process.

Just remember this:

Trump could have all his people testify tomorrow if he wanted them to do so.

He could release all the needed records and documents.

He has refused at every point.

That's the first time I've seen the "war on Christmas" argument.

Go home, Newt - you're stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.