Politics: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
GOP does not think the burden is on them to earn a vote anymore. I think it is obvious they think our government's construction is so corrupted that they just have to throw some raw meat out there and their voters will consume it.
their voters stopped thinking for themselves ages ago, clearly they just take direction at this point

Reactions: 92tide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Some things to keep in mind...

1. The Ukranians were not aware of any pause in the aid until the Politico piece aired in late august
2. The Ukranians said they were not pressured in any way to start or announce an investigation
3. No investigation or announcement of an investigation happened
4. Aid was delivered ahead of congressional deadline of Sep 30
5. No offensive military aid was withheld during 2019
6. There was no crime or victim
7. Transcripts were declassified and released completely
Do you actually buy this crap?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
GOP does not think the burden is on them to earn a vote anymore. I think it is obvious they think our government's construction is so corrupted that they just have to throw some raw meat out there and their voters will consume it.
well, the last 30+ years has somewhat proven them correct.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
So now the GOP Senators are suggesting a few are put out because they realize the White House hasn't been dealing with them in good faith. Telling them to say something when they knew it was a lie, and would later be shown to be.

After watching Trump operate for the past few years...did they really expect he would be fair or honest with them? Are they really that gullible?

I guess it's better to be a repentant fool than not, but not by much.

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
From that left wing bastion "The Hill"

Trump falsely claims House Democrats 'never' asked Bolton to testify

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Some things to keep in mind...

1. The Ukranians were not aware of any pause in the aid until the Politico piece aired in late august
2. The Ukranians said they were not pressured in any way to start or announce an investigation
3. No investigation or announcement of an investigation happened
4. Aid was delivered ahead of congressional deadline of Sep 30
5. No offensive military aid was withheld during 2019
6. There was no crime or victim
7. Transcripts were declassified and released completely
:poop:
SMH

Reactions: Go Bama

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
this is going to continue to get worse and increasingly absurd.
Yet there are those that believed Americans are incapable of supporting a fascist regime toppling a democracy.

And for the Bernie busters, if the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is unwilling to have witnesses, then it shows that 4 more years of this regime will totally destroy any chance of progressive ideas ever happening in this country.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I watched Dershowitz who basically said presidents can only be impeached for things which are violations of criminal law. Claire McCaskill stated on Maddow that it is hypothetically not a crime for the president to declare that he is going to go on vacation for a year, thus there are innumerable acts which are not crimes which would call for impeachment.

Dershowitz seemed to be focused on the unconstitutionality of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress saying since these are not crimes the president cannot be found guilty.

What I don’t understand is why Dershowitz would not consider inviting a foreign government to interfere in American elections treason. If treason is betraying one’s country, asking for foreign assistance in an election seems very treasonous to me.

It will be very interesting to see if the dominoes start to fall on roll call. Lamar Alexander will be the first name called and if he votes for witnesses it’s highly likely that the D’s will have the 51 votes they need. We’re pretty sure Mitt Romney will vote for witnesses and Collins of Maine isn’t far down the roll call from Alexander so after her we may see the first evidence of R’s jumping ship by voting for witnesses. If Bolton gets called they may also decide to call Mulvaney.🍿

If witnesses do get called we’ll certainly have to also hear from Hunter Biden. Joe Biden could wind up a sacrificial lamb.

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I watched Dershowitz who basically said presidents can only be impeached for things which are violations of criminal law. Claire McCaskill stated on Maddow that it is hypothetically not a crime for the president to declare that he is going to go on vacation for a year, thus there are innumerable acts which are not crimes which would call for impeachment.

Dershowitz seemed to be focused on the unconstitutionality of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress saying since these are not crimes the president cannot be found guilty.

What I don’t understand is why Dershowitz would not consider inviting a foreign government to interfere in American elections treason. If treason is betraying one’s country, asking for foreign assistance in an election seems very treasonous to me.

It will be very interesting to see if the dominoes start to fall on roll call. Lamar Alexander will be the first name called and if he votes for witnesses it’s highly likely that the D’s will have the 51 votes they need. We’re pretty sure Mitt Romney will vote for witnesses and Collins of Maine isn’t far down the roll call from Alexander so after her we may see the first evidence of R’s jumping ship by voting for witnesses. If Bolton gets called they may also decide to call Mulvaney.🍿

If witnesses do get called we’ll certainly have to also hear from Hunter Biden. Joe Biden could wind up a sacrificial lamb.
there is absolutely nothing keeping the republicans from calling either of the bidens right now. they don't need a deal to do that, they have the republican votes to do it. they are basically trying to "benghazi/but his emails" biden while creating distractions. regardless, if they call either of the bidens, i think they will get absolutely nothing out of them because neither of them are relevant to the case at hand.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The public might respond favorably if Joe gets fed up with this crap going after his son and cuts loose one time. The sacrificial lamb might morph into an indignant parent defending his only living child. “Have you no decency?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.