Question: There are only 8 undefeated teams left. How’s your playoff shaping up?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
There is a lot of football to play but ranked teams are falling like flies these days. Of the undefeated teams left I’d say Bama and PSU have the hardest road to make it to the playoff. It seems certain that there will be some 1 loss teams in that dance but who and how many? Below are games of note remaining on the schedules of the undefeated. What is your final four?

Penn State – Michigan, Ohio State, Sparty, BTCG
Alabama – LSU, Auburn, SECCG
Georgia – Florida, Auburn, SECCG
Wisconsin – Iowa, Michigan, BTCG
Miami – Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, ACCCG
TCU – Sooners, Horns
Central Florida – Navy, USF, ACG
South Florida – UCF…does it matter?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
My top 5:

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Penn State
4. TCU
5. Wisconsin
If Bama and UGA make it to the SECCG does a 1 loss SEC team jump a 1 loss ACC, B1G or some other team like the Sooners? I just don't see PSU making it through the gauntlet. TCU has a shot and Whisky has a fairly easy road but must get through the BTCG.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
There is a lot of football to play but ranked teams are falling like flies these days. Of the undefeated teams left I’d say Bama and PSU have the hardest road to make it to the playoff. It seems certain that there will be some 1 loss teams in that dance but who and how many? Below are games of note remaining on the schedules of the undefeated. What is your final four?

Penn State – Michigan, Ohio State, Sparty, BTCG
Alabama – LSU, Auburn, SECCG
Georgia – Florida, Auburn, SECCG
Wisconsin – Iowa, Michigan, BTCG
Miami – Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, ACCCG
TCU – Sooners, Horns
Central Florida – Navy, USF, ACG
South Florida – UCF…does it matter?
Georgia has a harder road than Bama because they have to get through Auburn and play us.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If Bama plays as they are capable of we should not have a problem going undefeated into PLAYOFF. Seriously we should be able to beat lsu aubs and UGA if we play our game. Not one of them is as good talent wise and none have a coaching staff other than UGA that is even close to our staff. I know we have to play the games, but look at them all, we are better. I see nothing from any of them that we should not be able to shutdown. IF we stay focused we should win all 3 of those games by 20 plus points. NOW actually doing that is not easy but we have more talent and much better coaching. LSU and Auburn lets get real have bad coaching staffs. Neither have any consistency at all. We should not have issues with them unless we beat ourselves.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I think the playoffs will be:

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Mine exactly. In this order. If UGA only has one loss after the SEC CG (to us) and Oklahoma loses another, they should get in the playoffs. Iffy.

Clemson will win out, so will Ohio St. Oklahoma will win by default and will still be perceived as better than the PAC 12 champ unless all of a sudden USC goes insane. Which I am sure won't happen.

Alabama's only real impediment to getting there will be UGA -- they should win the East handily. I still give Bama a 65-35 shot at beating UGA. They're a good but not great team.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Mine exactly. In this order. If UGA only has one loss after the SEC CG (to us) and Oklahoma loses another, they should get in the playoffs. Iffy.

Clemson will win out, so will Ohio St. Oklahoma will win by default and will still be perceived as better than the PAC 12 champ unless all of a sudden USC goes insane. Which I am sure won't happen.

Alabama's only real impediment to getting there will be UGA -- they should win the East handily. I still give Bama a 65-35 shot at beating UGA. They're a good but not great team.
I imagine if all four of them win out that Oklahoma will be the 3 seed by virtue of defeating OSU h2h. So Alabama-OSU Sugar Bowl rematch; Clemson-OU Rose Bowl.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Bama
Georgia
Ohio State
Clemson

Bama and Georgia will both be undefeated heading into the SEC Championship and will both get in. (This opinion could change in a week)

Last edited:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
How about this for a playoff?

Alabama
Miami
Georgia
TCU
Would love to see Miami slide in, would love to expose them like we did Notre Dame in 2012. Record is weak and if playing a real team they will be exposed, would love to whip them again and send them back to obscurity like we did in 92

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I think the playoffs will be:

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma
That's exactly who I think will be in the playoffs, and in that order. Penn State will lose to Ohio State. Ohio State will beat Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship game. Oklahoma will take out TCU. Clemson and Alabama will win out.

For all the talk about parity, Ohio State, Clemson and Alabama combined have won 8 of the 9 playoff games. This year will be no different.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
You are dead on that one. We have to go to Starkville too. Ask LSU how that feels.
Exactly. I truly believe we are the best team in college football, but we don't have an easy out schedule. Anything can happen with LSU or Auburn. But that Starkville game could end looking messy like the AtM game if we don't execute as well as we need too.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.