Things just continue to crumble around Univ. of Fourteennessee (Announces NCAA investigation)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Phil Fulmer (to NCAA investigators) “Hi I’m Coach Fulmer. I use to be kind of a big deal ‘round here. You probably know my buddy, Roy Kramer. We go way, way, back. Ya’ll remember I was “secret witness XXXL” for the Means case. Man, then we’re the good ole days....”

NCAA Investigators: “Uhh..can you point us in the direction of someone that is at least “relevant” around here now?”

Fulmer: “I think so. AD White usually hangs up on me when I call. Maybe he’ll answer a text. Can I get ya’ll something while you wait...maybe a donut or a dozen ...or a couple of Big Macs?”

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Got a feeling that the state media is not pressing for articles on that. Very quiet. No one seems to know anything except the McDonald's bags. A staffer would become aware. A newly hired staffer would feel misled. I couldnt believe Pruitt wanted to go in there. Under anyone else I could see it as a professional move for money.
Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas....if you’re lucky.

They made their beds. Let them lie in them

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
From Vol Nation:

1. After interviewing former coaches, players, and others since early January it doesn’t take this long to wrap this thing up.
2. Someone in the media should have everything by now and to report it.
3. Is the compliance dept. holding this up, and just keeping it away from us?
4. Will we know something soon from the ncaa??
5. Was Jeremy Pruitt involved in anything, and will he not get his money?
6. Will the ncaa give Pruitt a show-cause?
7. How many players got paid?
8. What other violations could there possibly be?
9. Just how frustrated are you, for it taking this long?
10. I can’t remember except one instance that it took a long time for something to come out, and that was Penn State. How long was that investigation? Surely, this Program isn’t on the same level as another program that has gone through something bigger?
I am very frustrated that it’s taking this long, and I can’t stand it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! AMATEURS!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm taking the angle that Tennessee's 1998 national championship was the most cruel joke ever played on them. In all sincerity, it was a "Nick Saban giveth and Nick Saban taketh."

You HAVE to be wondering...."HOW did Nick Saban help Tennessee?"

Well.....he was the coach of Michigan State.....who was the only team to beat the pre-season #1 Ohio State...when they came from trailing 24-9 in the third quarter and upset the Buckeyes, which (among the other things like the lousy call that bailed the Vols out in the Syracuse game and the Clint Stoener "here ya go" fumble and then Florida State's Heisman candidate QB not playing in the national title game)....knocked the Buckeyes out of the running that year and the Vols never played them.

Ohio State would have smashed Tennessee that year; the Big Ten was the best conference in OOC games that year AND the Big Ten went 5-0 in the bowl games, too. (The SEC went 4-4 but they also dropped to fourth in the P5 in OOC games despite the fact the SEC loads up more than anyone else on the local bakery games - admittedly not as much then as now with extra home contests).

Saban gave them the 1998 title - and he's been taking from them ever since.

He took their 2001 title after spotting them a huge lead and making a horrid fourth-down call AND losing his starting QB.

He conned them with this into signing Fulmer to a huge contract.

Since that national title in 1998, the Vols have had ONE season where they lost fewer than 3 games - 2001, when they would probably have lost 3 games but for 9/11. By contrast, they'd had NINE losing seasons, are on their sixth head coach, have not even contended for the SEC East. I mean, Mississippi State has had ELEVEN losing seasons, but the only real difference between them is that State has played in the MUCH TOUGHER SEC West during that time (they've faced TEN national championship teams, another undefeated team that didn't make it in 2004 Auburn, and three more that lost the title game).

What I'm saying is.....Tennessee is NOW Mississippi State despite playing in the easier division, having 2 1/2 times as many people, and the talent NOT split among 3 big in-state schools. Seriously - comparing the two over the last 20 years and taking all the advantages into account, MSU has actually been better.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Since 2005 (16 football seasons):

MISSISSIPPI STATE
- 106-96, .525, 8-4 bowl record, faced 9 national champions, 3 national runners-up, state population 2.9 million, crippled by four-year probation given in October 2004; disadvantaged by Ole Miss recruiting violations, 2012-2016; 4-0 vs Vandy; record vs Kentucky 11-6.

TENNESSEE - 102-96, .515, 5-3 bowl record, faced 9 national champions, 4 runners-up, state population 6.8 million; NOT disadvantaged by probation; record vs Vandy is 10-6 (take this gimme away from them, and they're not within a mile of....MSU....); record vs Kentucky 12-3.

Take the Vandy and UK games from Tennessee and replace them with the Vols having to face LSU and Auburn EVERY YEAR.......and State would be 20 games better than Tennessee over the last 16 years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.