Things just continue to crumble around Univ. of Fourteennessee (Announces NCAA investigation)

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Clay Travis is happy about it for some odd reason.

Of course he's the absolute moron that tanked the Schiano hire so I guess he's gotta find some feeble attempt to save face.
I must say it doesn’t quite have the same luster since UT has been so bad recently. If they were on top of the football world, then this would feel better. Oh who am I kidding...it’s still awesome.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Yes, and I wasn’t too thrilled at having him on the recruiting trail because of it. He is a good DC, and maybe even a great one but I always worried that he would be the one to get the NCAA on campus. Keep in mind Rush Propst was the man that made him an attractive hire.
Will Rush Propst hire Pruitt as his DC?

• Haha
Reactions: BamaNation

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Will Rush Propst hire Pruitt as his DC?
I saw where Big Cat Bryant had committed to go to UT from AU...where does he go now? Was he following Kevin Steele?

UT will be several years in coming back...depending on who they can get. Actually Jeff Fisher might be a great hire for them...if he can handle losing for another 2-3 years. They have to be able to recruit...and then I remember that the last time they were really relevant the recruits now were 4-5 years of age.

The level of this is shocking...even for us old grizzled veterans of recruiting wars, etc.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
One of the sillier little conspiracy theories that's popping up on the Rant is that UTk did this to avoid Proot's buy-out. I don't buy that at all. They're firing a lot of people on the periphery, and the discussed sanctions will be crippling far beyond a couple more years or Proot.
A CYA move that probably wont even begin to CTA.............

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I recommend that the SEC drop 10RC from the SEC. Maybe they could go to the Big 12. We could bring Sewanee University back to the SEC.

Reactions: Tidewater

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I saw where Big Cat Bryant had committed to go to UT from AU...where does he go now? Was he following Kevin Steele?

UT will be several years in coming back...depending on who they can get. Actually Jeff Fisher might be a great hire for them...if he can handle losing for another 2-3 years. They have to be able to recruit...and then I remember that the last time they were really relevant the recruits now were 4-5 years of age.

The level of this is shocking...even for us old grizzled veterans of recruiting wars, etc.
Actually Bryant was going there because of Shelton Felton, who also got axed today. He knew Felton from his high school days in Georgia.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Actually Bryant was going there because of Shelton Felton, who also got axed today. He knew Felton from his high school days in Georgia.

Mentioned earlier in the thread how a newly passed NCAA rule prevented Steele bringing him on board. A blessing in hindsight.

• Thank You
Reactions: Padreruf and CB4

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.