Things just continue to crumble around Univ. of Fourteennessee (Announces NCAA investigation)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That championship was much more a product of David Cutcliffe and John Chavis than it was Fulmer.
If you don't think fulmer was a major player in buying players (such as tee martin) and using whatever leverage he had to avoid prosecution (albert means) then I don't know what to tell you. He was an integral part of fourteenessee in the 90's - without question.

I'm not suggesting he was a great coach, but I'm also not suggesting he was some innocent bystander of the garbage that led so many of us to despise a program we once respected...

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Some UT friends of mine Were talking that Jeremy Pruitt was a plant to hurt Tennessee. I couldn’t help myself, without hesitation I told them he was part of a master plan from the Red Elephant Club to put Tennessee out of the football business!
Ohhh yeh...I used to hear that AD Dave Hart was an Alabama plant to bring down that program. How far back is that? I would tell 'em..."Nah I dont think so...BUT..it is a FACT that Nick Saban WAS brought in for that purpose". A minute later. That was bowling a strike😆

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
If you don't think fulmer was a major player in buying players (such as tee martin) and using whatever leverage he had to avoid prosecution (albert means) then I don't know what to tell you. He was an integral part of fourteenessee in the 90's - without question.

I'm not suggesting he was a great coach, but I'm also not suggesting he was some innocent bystander of the garbage that led so many of us to despise a program we once respected...
I took Basket's post to mean that the success of those UT teams lay in the talents of Cutcliffe and Chavis.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I knew UcheaT's program had hit rock bottom several years ago when I started seeing people who for all my childhood and through their adulthood root for the Vols, begin attending Mississippi St games and wearing Mississippi St garb. You know you suck when some of your long diehards are using MIss St as a side chick until you get pretty again. I think they'll be State fans for a while...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I took Basket's post to mean that the success of those UT teams lay in the talents of Cutcliffe and Chavis.
Understood, but I think it's selling fulmer short. He was a good coach. And a pretty good cheater. Just needed the NCAA's help the be really successful at it.

But don't let your hatred cloud your judgement - those ut teams in the late 90's were good. That's due to fulmer's leadership. I might hate it, but it's true.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Yeah, but fulmer gets a pass from many because he brought fourteenessee their only NC in the last 50+ years. Without him, its been 53 years since they won it all, and will likely be many more before that drought is broken...
It's been 69 years since they won their only other recognized (AP and/or UP/UPI/Coaches) NC in 1951. They were then humiliated by Jim Tatum's Maryland, who dominated until late, leading 28-6 until a late 4th qtr garbage time TD made the final 28-13.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
It's been 69 years since they won their only other recognized (AP and/or UP/UPI/Coaches) NC in 1951. They were then humiliated by Jim Tatum's Maryland, who dominated until late, leading 28-6 until a late 4th qtr garbage time TD made the final 28-13.

Yeah but what about the Hog's Stoerner fumble late in the 98 game against UT? That still haunts me

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Understood, but I think it's selling fulmer short. He was a good coach. And a pretty good cheater. Just needed the NCAA's help the be really successful at it.

But don't let your hatred cloud your judgement - those ut teams in the late 90's were good. That's due to fulmer's leadership. I might hate it, but it's true.
Oh I understand they were good. That is correct. Believe me. I know much more about UT than I can write. I just believe that CPF has serious character issues. I thought the same of Dickey

Reactions: 9gks

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

I have read...a long time back..thst Fulmer was recruited by Bama during his High school days. Even that he sat in Coach Bryant's office. But I have never known..other than Doug Dickey being his mentor...why he has such venom for Bama. I used to live in the area Fulmer is from. Solid UT for sure..but I am not absolutely certain CPB offered him. He hates CPB to this day it seems. Maybe he didnt get an offer?

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
This is fat Phil trying to get out of Jeremy's buyout. He will use the NCAA again to screw him it of his buyout money. I have always felt that this was a bad decision on Pruitt's part to go to 10rc. Phil has proven time and again that he is a snake and his only loyalty is too himself. I hope that Jeremy Pruitt is successful, but 10rc is a rathole until the fat one is put out to pasture for good.
I believe this is 100% true. 'Cause Tennessee has never cared about recruiting violations before.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I believe this is 100% true. 'Cause Tennessee has never cared about recruiting violations before.
I recall Tommy Gallion claiming he had records to prove all that. We will never know. Someone..somewhere in the hiearchy of the ncaa gave that program a pass. I say that from my recollection of ONLY things that appeared in Exclusively UT sports page articles. Things that one would think...would have occupied every paper in the nation.The focus was Bama. Like a team effort. Hey...the guys on this board who are say...28 yrs old or younger? They have no clue what that ncaa thing was all about. Nor of it's consequences. For years and years..we heard about how lucky we were. And.."you guys got off light". It was a mission. Became very easy to see a game if you didnt have lots of cash. Then... Bill King in Nashville groaned about Saban's contract cost in 2007. Havent heard anymore about that😎

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

He could certainly evaluate talent. I go back and watch games from the 1990s a lot. Tennessee was stacked. Yet it's always striking to watch the player and lineup intros, where they show where the player went to high school. I would estimate a good 90% of the great players they had back then did not come from the state of Tennessee. When you consider the programs that have risen since Tennessee's demise, and go back and look at where all those players came from back then, it becomes crystal clear why they suck so bad and also why it is not getting better any time soon without some serious and blatant cheating.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.