This is why you don’t play such a weak schedule

glorydays1990

Scout Team
May 8, 2018
Kids arent ready to play. 45 K’s in 4 conference games.

We have an all or nothing approach at the plate. This simply wont work. Shelton puts a ball in play we win. Have to execute those things.

Why Pinkney continues to get written into the lineup every day is beyond me?

Bo can yell kick and scream, but I would have taken a few non conference losses to win games like we should have tonight. Right now if the ball doesn’t go over the fence, we cant win.

So much for this being a big step forward. Same old stuff.

40-82 sec record under Bo. Appreciate what he took over, but we need to see improvement or its time to move on

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I would've liked to have seen a better non-conference. However, we are winning the non-conference games more impressively than we did last year. Probably cost us a bid last year. So let's just see how the SEC schedule plays out. Still a long way to go.

Reactions: crimsonkelly

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I would've liked to have seen a better non-conference. However, we are winning the non-conference games more impressively than we did last year. Probably cost us a bid last year. So let's just see how the SEC schedule plays out. Still a long way to go.
Yeah. Maybe one good non conference series would be okay, but you really need the cupcakes in baseball or else the tournament makers look and say “well you lost too many games”. I mean last year we literally went to Oxford and swept the national champs and made a respectable run in Hoover but were left out because of one Tuesday game and a road series vs Texas. But ole Miss got in over us.

I remember in Hoover last year, most reb fans were thinking that they would be left out and Alabama was getting in because of Day 1 and 2 in Hoover added with the Oxford series.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't follow UA baseball enough to comment on the ins and outs of things, but with NIL we shouldn't be hampered now like we have been in the past.
The NIL didn’t really change anything, nor should have anyone expected it to. At Alabama, the backup left tackle is still more noticeable than the ace pitcher or guy who hits the most homers on the team. At Alabama, baseball is not that important and it shows by overall fan support and student involvement.

Reactions: baseballfanatic

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Most of our starting lineup over the weekend has multiple years of SEC starts. They shouldn't need a challenging schedule to know how to compete in the SEC.

I would prefer that we play a couple of teams with a pulse though, tbh.

Reactions: Blindside17

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Yeah. Maybe one good non conference series would be okay, but you really need the cupcakes in baseball or else the tournament makers look and say “well you lost too many games”. I mean last year we literally went to Oxford and swept the national champs and made a respectable run in Hoover but were left out because of one Tuesday game and a road series vs Texas. But ole Miss got in over us.

I remember in Hoover last year, most reb fans were thinking that they would be left out and Alabama was getting in because of Day 1 and 2 in Hoover added with the Oxford series.
The Texas series did not factor in to us not getting in. Or rather, the only way it would've affected us would've been positive. Had we won that series, we'd have gotten in, but getting swept is not the reason we were left out.

The midweek losses to UT-Martin (11-34, 262 RPI) and UNA (12-41, 288 RPI) killed us. I know it's baseball, and "anyone can beat anyone" on any given day, but we had no business losing games to teams that finished the year a combined 23-75.

But even those losses could've been offset had we not blown two saves in Starkville, or crapped the bed so hard against SCar, or could've held on to a lead in games against AU. If we any one of those things had gone differently and we finish SEC play at 14-15 , those Ole Miss fans probably would've been right.

Reactions: 81usaf92

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.