Thoughts on last nights games and the big one

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Georgia is going to change up their pressure schemes. That much is clear from today's presser. Alabama is going to have to adjust.
I'm no genius, but I'm thinking the plan is that he's gonna have Bryce do a "first read", and if it isn't open, tell him to take off. Set it up as basically a "delayed draw" if nothing is open short.

Short outs are right up BoB's alley, too.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
Georgia is going to change up their pressure schemes. That much is clear from today's presser. Alabama is going to have to adjust.
I'd like to see Young get to roll out some instead of being just in the pocket...at times vs Cincy that would have opened passing lanes vs being pressured. He doesn't seem to want to roll out or we don't scheme it that way...maybe BoB NFL preferences?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Eight plays decide a football game.

Three mistakes CAN total 17 points.

Of course, the question is whether they're mistakes or getting beat head-to-head in a matchup of evenly matched guys, too.
3 plays swung that game from dead even to a 17 point Alabama win. But any one of those 3 plays would have been enough for Alabama. Georgia needed all of those plays to go their way, plus something else.

New game. Start from scratch. Avoid turnovers. Because turnovers will likely decide this game, too.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm no genius, but I'm thinking the plan is that he's gonna have Bryce do a "first read", and if it isn't open, tell him to take off. Set it up as basically a "delayed draw" if nothing is open short.

Short outs are right up BoB's alley, too.
BoB has done a miserable job with check down routes when Young is being blitzed. IMO, that has been his worst area.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
i think it's more reinforcing their thoughts that the outcome of that game was largely based on them whiffing on a couple of plays. it's the same thing kirby was selling in his post-game presser.
It is fair and accurate. Flip those plays and it is anyone's game. So, don't let Georgia flip those plays.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I'd like to see Young get to roll out some instead of being just in the pocket...at times vs Cincy that would have opened passing lanes vs being pressured. He doesn't seem to want to roll out or we don't scheme it that way...maybe BoB NFL preferences?
Rolling out against Cincy wasn't an easy task. They were smaller and quicker than the puppies. I think this is the primary reason the scheme against Cincy was so run heavy.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Rolling out against Cincy wasn't an easy task. They were smaller and quicker than the puppies. I think this is the primary reason the scheme against Cincy was so run heavy.
I think it's simpler than that - the staff saw the glaring difference in a real P5 team vs a G5 team in the trenches (there's a reason a vast majority of linemen come from the P5 conferences) and decided to run it until Cincy proved they could stop it. They never proved it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
BoB has done a miserable job with check down routes when Young is being blitzed. IMO, that has been his worst area.
Let me clarify since we agree: what I MEANT was, "BoB is so in love with the short pass and isn't very good at it", but I can see re-reading it how what I meant was not sufficiently communicated, either.

More of "this guy pretty much calls nothing but runs into the line and short passes when he shouldn't" was my point.

The players may have to win this one in SPITE of this guy quite frankly.

Also - I think we agree that the two big things here are going to be turnovers and penalties.

Reactions: CB4 and B1GTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Cincy (Fickel et al) made the decision that they weren't going to let BY beat them. He had the corners to justify his faith in "okay, not that guy." What he didn't have, though, was Georgia's line. He made the only smart gamble he could, and B-Rob improved and got enough blocking to make them pay.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.