Thread where you post pictures of your pet(s)

Elefantman

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Sorry to hear about Ethel. You made the right decision. She had a good life, and you made it possible. Be grateful for the good times you had together.

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

Hall of Fame
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
This from CBS but just aired tonight on World News Tonight.......

A 12-year-old dog named Sandi was finally been adopted last week – after spending more than 6 years in a shelter. "She’s been here longer than any employee. ... She's kind of the boss," a staff member at the Marion-Grant County Humane Society told CBS News.

Reactions: Elefantman

CoolBreeze

All-American
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I decided to let my sweet Ethel go today. She had just turned 13 in November. I had her for about 12 of those. She started acting weird on Thursday. Saturday she was reluctant to walk and play in the water like she usually did. Yesterday she stayed in the same spot all day barely moving at all. I thought it was her arthritis flaring up or she had hurt her back and was in pain. She would eat only a couple bites of her food and didn't touch some table scraps I gave her. I took her to the vet this morning and she had lost 3 lbs. since 3 weeks ago and 10 in the past year. Her liver enzymes came back over 3x the normal range. She was dehydrated. Her temp was low at 97.8 and her WBC count was high. I was told we could treat her by giving her fluids and IV antibiotics. I think maybe if she was younger I would have done that, but she did not feel good at all. You could tell. Her prognosis wasn't good. I decided it was time for me to let her go. I feel bad. Thinking I should have gone all out for her, but I tried to give her the best life I could. Now I have no dog in my life for the first time since 2004. I still have my cats, however, so maybe that will help. Run free my sweet Ethel.
At 53, I have been through many pets...loved every one of them. We go into these relationships knowing that they will pass someday but seems we still keep torturing ourselves. Like the saying, "better to have loved and lost than to never to have loved at all." I have a 14 yo miniature dachshund and tell myself he has 5 more years but should really know better. The only consolation in my mind is that I will get to take care of him the rest of his life then rescue another one to take care of once he passes. Still hurts no matter how we justify it though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not my pet, but there is a cool story on Facebook about a dog that takes the bus back/forth to the park every day by itself: Link

From the FB story:

This is Eclipse. Every day she leaves her house, by herself, and takes the bus downtown to the dog park where she spends a couple of hours getting exercise and making friends, and then she takes the bus back home again. She even has her own bus pass attached to the collar.
It started when her owner, Jeff Young, was taking too long when the bus arrived, so she impatiently ran ahead and got on the bus by herself. The bus driver recognized her and dropped her off at the dog park, and later Jeff caught up with her. After several more trips by herself, Jeff started letting her go on her own, and she always comes back home a couple of hours later.
All of the bus drivers know her and she makes them smile, and many of the regular passengers enjoy seeing her every day and will often sit down next to her. Even the police have given their approval as long as the bus drivers are okay with the arrangement. "She makes everybody happy."

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

Hall of Fame
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That nasty storm front that came through a couple days ago broke my banner flag pole in half. Amazingly - the bracket remained fastened to the tree trunk. Must have been those 4" deck mate screws I used. ;)

I needed to change themes anyway from Cattle Dog Christmas to Cattle Dog USA so got that checked off my to-do list today.

Latest threads