Tide Gymnasts take Quad Meet at Penn State

BamaLaw

Suspended
Oct 15, 1999
Homewood, AL USA
Alabama’s Gymnastics team scored their highest score of the season tonight in a quad meet at Penn State. Bama won the meet with a score of 197.525. Penn State was second with a score of 196.65. Rutgers and Cornell came in 3rd and 4th with scores of 189.725 and 184.425 respectively.

Alabama’s Andree’ Pickens took the all around with a score of 39.75. Raegan Tomasek and Kristin Sterner came in 3rd and 4th with scores of 39.35 and 38.9 respectively. Penn State’s Katie Rowland placed 2nd with a score of 39.575.

Pickens also won the Vault and Floor Exercise with scores of 9.95 on each event. She tied with Natalie Barrington for first on Bars, also with a 9.95. Pickens was 3rd on Bean with a 9.9. Lissy Smith tied with Penn State’s Rowland for 1st on Beam with a 9.925.

The Tide Gymnastics team returns to action Friday night at UAB’s Bartow Arena where they will be seeking to defend their SEC Gymnastics Title. This will be a great opportunity for Crimson Tide Fans in the Birmingham area to come out and support the Bama Gymnasts. Tickets are only $10 and you will get to see some of the best gymnasts in the country.

PLEASE COME OUT AND SUPPORT THE TEAM!

Big Al in Auburn

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 15, 1999
Tuscaloosa
I'm glad to see that Pickens is over her injury and doing well. She is incredible! Roll Tide Roll!

------------------
"No man, I majored in Journalism, it was easier."
Joe Namath responding to a reporter who asked him if he majored in Basket Weaving at Alabama.

Bama-N-DC

Jun 1, 2000
Dallas, Texas
I went to the meet at PSU. You cannot begin to compare the atmosphere of a Bama home meet with that of one at Penn State. The PSU crowd had no concept of home court advantage.

There were about 100 Bama fans there and we outcheered the PSU crowd. The PSU cheerleaders finally showed up after the second rotation. We joked that it was because we were so loud.

It looked like our girls were under-scored on the vault. Andree definitely deserved a 10. We also got gipped on the bars.
Sarah and David spoke to us after the meet. All indications are that we are poised to make a run at UCLA. Anything can happen on any given night, and we have the difficulty in our routines to win it all. Keep up with the future meets at www.gymtide.com.

Marie Robbins was at the meet. A classier and more professional representative of The University cannot be found. Of course she would not go into specifics, but she did say that this has been hard on her. I could tell she was rattled by how mean some of our so-called Bama fans have been to her just because she has been doing her job.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.