Link: Tide Retakes top spot in recruiting rankings.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I'm sorry if I left that impression Mrs. Clever, but honestly I'm not trying to start anything.

From what I gather Bama is looking at additional players for this class, so I was just inquiring on available room. Roster management is not easy these days, because you have to factor in who might enter the portal after Spring practice and transfer, plus regular attrition. Our fan base is also trying to figure out where we'll end up and most people believe 24 gets us to the 85 scholarship limit.
Will the real Eddie please stand up??? LOL...

• Haha
Reactions: UAllday

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Okay We are expected to sign 5 players for NSD.
We are currently are tracking to land George, Rakestraw, Burroughs, Baker, Jackson, Collins and Tucker. Jayson Jones is not expected to be part of the class. Collins is likely to sign with Texas.

Keep that in mind we currently have 82 scholarship and it is likely with current roster, we'll see 6 to 8 players transferring or lose scholarship between now and fall.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The reason Alabama has 27 spots is because we have 25 spots for 2020 class, plus 2 unused 2019 cycle spot hat earl enrollees can use. But They can utilize voluntary withdrawal replacement scholarship which don't count toward annual 25 limits, only 85 total limit.

Reactions: Con

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Those are some of the biggest bunch of baffoons on the internet. "We've won two of the last four NC's and have been in the playoff five consecutive years.", "We've won two of the last four NC's and have been in the playoff five consecutive years." and just in case you missed it the first two times, "We've won two of the last four NC's and have been in the playoff five consecutive years." Over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Bless their hearts. LOL!
How many SEC teams, if they swapped schedules with Clemson, would be tagged as having a legitimate shot to make the make the playoffs?

Definintely
Alabama
LSU
Auburn
Georgia

Outside chance
Florida
A&M

Reactions: B1GTide and Con

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I got you. Don’t let those guys bother you. No, Bama didn’t make the playoffs last year, so the SEC Petitioned the NCAA and Bama was approved to sign 30 this year with full scholarship load of 90 until 2022. Obscure rule , but it works for us!
I can't find this anywhere? link? I think JNM81 has a more realistic version of our signing class. I cannot imagine the NCAA giving us 5 more schollies than the other schools...for multiple years...because we didn't make the playoffs???🤷‍♂️

EDIT: Sponge Bob Narrator: A few hours later...I met Mr. Hook, Mr. Line and Mr. Sinker...

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Someone asked what the recruiting mood was in whoville , so I went over there and looked. I had to bring back some gems like this-

And it was even worse than that. Back in the 2010 to 2017 years Bama's classes were way better than simply #1. They were getting about 40 or 50 4 and 5 star recruits, and then sifting through them to pick the absolute best 25. And then they were getting a couple of more to garey shirt. There was one year I remember their grey shirt would have been about our sixth highest ranked recruit.

That's all gone now. Bama is struggling to fill their class with 25 great players, just like the other top teams.
All those fake #1 Classes won’t do rap for them....

They finished #8 this year and are trending downward.......If LSU beats them next season....they are DONE... O just needs to finish the job

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I got you. Don’t let those guys bother you. No, Bama didn’t make the playoffs last year, so the SEC Petitioned the NCAA and Bama was approved to sign 30 this year with full scholarship load of 90 until 2022. Obscure rule , but it works for us!
I think they refer to that as the 'Bama Scholly Bump'! ;-)

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Someone asked what the recruiting mood was in whoville , so I went over there and looked. I had to bring back some gems like this-
LOL...…………….they WISH Bama was done...…………..Bama will likely finish ahead of the Whos, and The Whos may very well be one and done...…...…….then who's finished? Doesn't look like Bama is struggling at all. If Bama beats LSU, then there will be calls for O to be run off

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
LOL...…………….they WISH Bama was done...…………..Bama will likely finish ahead of the Whos, and The Whos may very well be one and done...…...…….then who's finished? Doesn't look like Bama is struggling at all. If Bama beats LSU, then there will be calls for O to be run off
$o not happening any time $oon now...

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
It is truly amazing or rather amusing is probably a better choice of words to see how after one win in the last 9 years their fans truly think all of sudden they own Bama.They are almost getting to the level of having me pull for the barn against them and that is saying something for me.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Yep and Wednesday will be the determining factor. We can finish 1-3 depending on how things fall out but still a great class that will lead us to many victories in the future.
Yea, it is fun to the get the number 1 recruiting class and all that but in the end a lot of these kids don't live up to the number power system these services assign to them. Then there are the Josh Jacobs types out there. Heck, I'd bet a full 1/4 to 1/3 of any given NFL roster includes players from small or lower division college teams. So, no matter where we land I know for a fact that we will have a bunch of really good players and according to Saban they are all high quality individuals.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Finishing #1 isn't that big a deal as long as we are in the upper echelon. There is a tremendous amount of talent out there anyways. The true test is in player evaluations, which none of the recruiting services are experts at. That said, the biggest difference is in character evaluations - and none are better at that than our own Coach Saban... :cool:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.