Link: Tide Retakes top spot in recruiting rankings.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Nick paid a little attention to the rankings, he made the statement in an interview on ESPN that they may not have the #1 ranked class, but they did bring in the highest average per recruit which means the class is good top to bottom. That brings me to something I posted earlier, if Bama has the highest average per recruit and has the same or more players than anyone else, why does Georgia have so many more points. It doesn’t make sense. If it was close, I would understand, but it is not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Con

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Seven of the top 10 teams in the SEC. :oops:

Glad that OSU did well. Just as glad that the rest of the B1G did not.
Normally, I would think that would be a problem for the B1G. But Clemson has proven the rest of the conference doesn’t matter!

FWIW, the ACC has 3 teams in the top 20 and 5 in the top 40. WOW!

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Nick paid a little attention to the rankings, he made the statement in an interview on ESPN that they may not have had the #1 ranked class, but they did bring in the highest average per recruit which means the class is good top to bottom. That brings me to something I posted earlier, if Bama has the highest average per recruit and has the same or more players than anyone else, why does Georgia have so many more points. It doesn’t make sense.
I looked it up and we have a .9356 average star rating and UGA's is .9296 and we both have 25 signees. I am not positive but I am guessing the average star rating is based on 247Sports rating and the overall points is based on the 247Sports composite which takes into account ESPN and Rivals also. If it is not something like this I have no idea how they have more overall pts than we do unless there is a mistake in the average star rating calculations.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
they are both based on the composite, and really it doesn’t matter. It just seems odd

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Nick paid a little attention to the rankings, he made the statement in an interview on ESPN that they may not have had the #1 ranked class, but they did bring in the highest average per recruit which means the class is good top to bottom. That brings me to something I posted earlier, if Bama has the highest average per recruit and has the same or more players than anyone else, why does Georgia have so many more points. It doesn’t make sense.
Was wondering the same but I think it's just because its the composite of all the ranking sites. In example:
• 247 has Bryce the number one player in the country
• Rivals has him the second best
• ESPN has him 5th ...

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Gators had a rough day. They whiffed again on all their primary NSD targets and dropped a spot to Auburn in the Top 10 class rankings.

Looks like they may have gotten some portal help though

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
This is the reality

By 247Sports’ composite class rankings, Alabama finished just a whisker behind Georgia for the #2 overall recruiting class, despite have the same number of signees and the higher average rating. So I dunno how they actually calculate that, but the two teams are basically neck and neck.
And there, like that , someone else questions how Bama can have the number 2 class with a higher average and the same number of kids!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
And there, like that , someone else questions how Bama can have the number 2 class with a higher average and the same number of kids!
This has happened before, even when we were #1 once I think, but another had a higher average. None of it makes sense honestly. if you go to the class calculator, there are kids that have the same exact composite rating, say 0.9913, but have different points award for their contribution to the class rating. Not sure if they weight some positions higher or what, but I think when it's all this close, there is really no difference between #1 and #3 and it's most important that we filled needs with quality potential contributors, AND that we hold onto kids instead of having the highest kid in each of the last two classes bail out before ever making a contribution.

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We are losers Ladies and gents. Just google recruiting winners and losers, Bama is the biggest loser on NSD in almost every article out there. Go ahead, put a big ole “L “ on your forehead you bunch of losers.
Yep. They made a huge deal about Oregon flipping Jayson Jones even though our staff and we expected it due to his position. We really missed on one guy, signed our other three commits so I don't know how that makes us one of the biggest losers.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Gators had a rough day. They whiffed again on all their primary NSD targets and dropped a spot to Auburn in the Top 10 class rankings.

So awbern $lipped into the Top Ten... :rolleyes:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.