Time Changes - The Motion Picture

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I personally prefer permanent DST because I like having that extra hour of daylight in the evenings. But I would be okay with either if they would just leave the clocks alone.
Somehow the rest of the world gets by on standard time and adjusts their day to the sun. Maybe we can figure that out one day. :D

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Permanent DST would have children where I live waiting for the school bus in the dark. Some are waiting in the dark now.

We go to work at 7AM on Thursday's. I drove to work yesterday with my headlights on. When I left the house, I wouldn't have been able to see at all without headlights. And, of course, I passed children on the way to school who were waiting for the bus.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Permanent DST would have children where I live waiting for the school bus in the dark. Some are waiting in the dark now.

We go to work at 7AM on Thursday's. I drove to work yesterday with my headlights on. When I left the house, I wouldn't have been able to see at all without headlights. And, of course, I passed children on the way to school who were waiting for the bus.
For years I heard that DST benefits the farmers. But then I learned that it was the farmers who protested the loudest against it.

My main thing is for the time changes to stop. Whether it's permanent DST or permanent Standard Time, I'm okay with it. I'm one of the lucky ones; no sleep issues, no circadian rhythm interruptions, etc... for me, it's only a minor annoyance. But I feel for the untold numbers of people out there that it totally wrecks for a week each time.

Reactions: NationalTitles18
Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
My grandfather never owned a watch or clock. He went by the sun. if the sun was up, it was day. if the moon was out, it was night.

I don't care what time we start going by, just never change the clocks again. It has been medically proven that it is not healthy to keep doing it.
Totally agree. My "slight" preference is for permanent DST, but I'm okay with either.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Heart attacks and strokes increase in the week after we lose an hour of sleep.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Heart attacks and strokes increase in the week after we lose an hour of sleep.

Yep. I can totally believe it, not to mention the general annoyance for millions of people.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Well, in November of 2023 we will stay on permanent DST so you only have to change your clock two more times for the rest of your life: this weekend and next Spring.

I'm up to the challenge. I've got these next two clock changes. :p

Reactions: Bazza and dtgreg

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
I had no idea people felt so strongly about this topic. The time change hardly even registers with me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.