To Our OSU Posters’ Class On A Tough Night

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
BIGTide and OSUTideFan are the most prolific Buckeye posters here on TideFans, and the significant majority of our OSU members are highly valued and add a lot to our discussions.

This was a tough night for our OSU friends, and remembering some tough nights of our own, I can certainly empathize.

The Bucks lost a number of key players either before kickoff, or shortly thereafter. I’m not sure that changed the outcome, but it certainly changed the complexion of the game.

I’ve seen no mention of that handicap from our OSU friends, and that’s classy in today’s excuse-seeking culture.

It was an honor to play a program like the Buckeyes for the ring. Intending only the highest respect for the opponent, I say that tonight was a fine win for our program.

Some people don’t know how to handle success. It would appear that we have a few of those posting tonight.

You have shown grace and sportsmanship in what I know was a painful evening, and have set a great example of how to handle adversity....something all too rare in our world today.

Looking forward to the home-and-home. I’ve never been to Columbus, and want to see The Horseshoe first-hand. Hoping we can clink a stein.....

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I went over to one of the OSU fan forums and looking at some of the posts, I couldn't help but think about how I felt when we lost to Clemson the last time. They have my respect and I definitely know they'll be back in the hunt next season. BIG and OSU are definitely fan favorites here, hate their team lost but were happy we were able to have the matchup, definitely deserved to be there.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Given the tumult of the past weeks, Tidefans has served as even more of a haven. The tone of this board remains its greatest gift from its builders and moderators. And then all of it got a little better because fans from a rival team dropped by, took a look around, made themselves at home, and fit right in.

Congrats to all of us. It's only football, but we made a statement this week on the value of civil discourse. I hope BIG and his friends know how much we appreciate their presence.

Last edited:

bamafan76

1st Team
Sep 19, 2004
Kenner, LA
BIGTide and OSUTideFan are the most prolific Buckeye posters here on TideFans, and the significant majority of our OSU members are highly valued and add a lot to our discussions.

This was a tough night for our OSU friends, and remembering some tough nights of our own, I can certainly empathize.

The Bucks lost a number of key players either before kickoff, or shortly thereafter. I’m not sure that changed the outcome, but it certainly changed the complexion of the game.

I’ve seen no mention of that handicap from our OSU friends, and that’s classy in today’s excuse-seeking culture.

It was an honor to play a program like the Buckeyes for the ring. Intending only the highest respect for the opponent, I say that tonight was a fine win for our program.

Some people don’t know how to handle success. It would appear that we have a few of those posting tonight.

You have shown grace and sportsmanship in what I know was a painful evening, and have set a great example of how to handle adversity....something all too rare in our world today.

Looking forward to the home-and-home. I’ve never been to Columbus, and want to see The Horseshoe first-hand. Hoping we can clink a stein.....
Excellently stated.

ROCKEE

1st Team
Nov 1, 2010
Trussville
Given the tumult of the past weeks, Tidefans has served as even more of a haven. The tone of this board remains its greatest gift to us from its builders and moderators. And then all of it got a little better because fans from a rival team dropped by, took a look around, made themselves at home, and fit right in.

Congrats to all of us. It's only football, but we made a statement this week on the value of civil discourse. I hope BIG and his friends know how much we appreciate their presence.
Very well said, INDEED.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Given the tumult of the past weeks, Tidefans has served as even more of a haven. The tone of this board remains its greatest gift to us from its builders and moderators. And then all of it got a little better because fans from a rival team dropped by, took a look around, made themselves at home, and fit right in.

This is precisely why I bowed out of politics altogether. Also why I quit ALL other Sports forums. Appreciate the class of the posters of all the schools represented here. That said, it all starts at the top and if the tone wasn’t set by the creator and moderators on the site it would be off the rails in no time. Thanks for providing this wonderful outlet!!!!

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I have to say that I have many friends that are either OSU graduates, or huge OSU fans. And I have tremendous respect for them, and their program. Honestly, my favorite Northern school. And, I have a feeling that we will be meeting again in the near future in either a championship game, or a semi final game. Glad BAMA won though.
However, I do not think that I have any Corndog friends.
The reason I mentioned corndog is that OSU fans are opposite from the corndogs.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Thank you for the kind words. The community here is the finest group of folks I’ve seen on the internet, and I mean it. It was an honor to watch the Buckeyes play Alabama for the title last night, and it’s an honor to be a part of this community.
While I obviously think Bama was just the better team (probably best offense ever), OSU was clearly hurt by loss of Sermon, & Fields was clearly not 100%. Would love to have seen a game with Fields & Sermon a full speed. I think Bama still wins because OSU defense was just outmatched, but OSU definitely scores more & keeps game much closer.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Tip of the hat to the Ohio State fans both here and on my Facebook, who were kind and reserved leading up to the game (and didn't pile on me five years ago when the Bucks won).

I think the truly elite teams across the history of CFB FOR THE MOST PART have generally reserved but high passion fans. Yes, I include Oklahoma despite some riff-raff I've encountered with them (our own wishbonesooner is one of the classiest posters you'll ever see). The Oklahoma fans almost seem to have a rah-rah mentality, but they're good about owning up when the Sooners lose, too.

I've never really had an issue with Ohio St fans; as I said, my "hate" of them is more "fear" than anything else, the same reason I hated the 1970s Steelers and Cowboys (however - the Steelers fans were genuinely good folks until they kept winning and became like modern Patriots fans; a lot of the Cowboy fans were like Tide fans in the early 2000s talking about how good they USED to be).

I think Ryan Day is one helluva good football coach, and I hope he can keep his and that of the program clean. I also salute Ohio St for being the defiant ones, the ones who stood up to the commissioner and basically said, "Look, dude, we gotta play ball."

All of the Ohio State posters here were classy and nice (we don't tolerate MUCH foolishness, but even the level tolerated was never approached). Our own B1GTide will always be one of my two favorite Buckeye fans (the other one isn't here and - oh yeah - he also lives in Jersey, ha ha).

Bucks - get up off the mat, go back into the gym and drawing room, and come back out for another day of fighting. Maybe it'll be us again next year for all the marbles - and that game is in Indy, and you know how us Southern teams FEAR the Northern winter!!!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
While I obviously think Bama was just the better team (probably best offense ever), OSU was clearly hurt by loss of Sermon, & Fields was clearly not 100%. Would love to have seen a game with Fields & Sermon a full speed. I think Bama still wins because OSU defense was just outmatched, but OSU definitely scores more & keeps game much closer.
Our only chance was to have a fully healthy d-line, and I am not even sure that would have helped. The Alabama o-line was totally dominant last night.

Alabama wins this game 10 out of 10 times. The better team won.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Would I like to have played the game with Sermon better?

Yeah. But not to sound like a guy who piles on (everyone here knows me better), I think that basically flips the score maybe to 45-31 based on extra and missing possessions.

By the same token (and again not trying to trash talk or pile on) - the only reason the game was even close early was because of the Mac Jones fumble in his own red zone. Give the Bucks credit there.

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
Alabama fielded the most consistent and complete team out of the entire field this season. That took equal parts of player talent and elite coaching. Behind it all is the head coach that recruits the players and coaching staff. That’s what national championships are made of, and Alabama proved it to the world last night.
Could the score have been closer with OSU at peak performance? Sure, why not. But the outcome would have been the same.

Definitely an honor to share the stage last night with this team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.