Today's Question: What are your favorite movies to quote?

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Blazing saddles
High Anxiety
Frankenstein-Mel Brooks
The producers-Mel Brooks
A funny thing happened on the way to the forum
I quote Young Frankenstein ("Frau BLUCHER!"), and Spaceballs ("Ludicrous speed!") with my dad frequently. Blazing Saddles is fun to quote too but most of my favorite lines I can't use here.;)

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Unforgiven
- "Deserve's got nuthin' to do with it."
- "Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to... (left blank for spoiler)."
- Munny: "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
The Kid: "Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming."
Munny: "We all got it coming, kid."

So many good ones.

But, nothing comes close to Seinfeld or The Simpsons. I wouldn't doubt if I quote them once a day, whether I realize it or not.

Bamajimbo

Scout Team
Dec 7, 2006
South Florida
Its gotta be Monty Python and the Holy Grail. There are too many to list but here is my favorite:

King Arthur: I am your king.
Peasant Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Peasant Woman: Well, how'd you become king, then?
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.
Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis the Peasant: You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
Arthur: [grabs Dennis] Shut up! Will you shut up?!
Dennis: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!
Arthur: [shakes Dennis] Shut up!
Dennis: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!
Arthur: Bloody Peasant!

:)

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Its gotta be Monty Python and the Holy Grail. There are too many to list but here is my favorite:

King Arthur: I am your king.
Peasant Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Peasant Woman: Well, how'd you become king, then?
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.
Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis the Peasant: You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
Arthur: [grabs Dennis] Shut up! Will you shut up?!
Dennis: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!
Arthur: [shakes Dennis] Shut up!
Dennis: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!
Arthur: Bloody Peasant!

:)
I remember the Monty Python films..What is your name? What is your quest? What isyourfavoritecolor!!."pink...no blue!" Whooosh! :biggrin:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
"Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you: 'What did you do in the great World War II?' You won't have to say, 'Well, I shoveled [crap] in Louisiana.'"

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
"I reckon what you’d wantin’ to know is what I’ma doin’ in here. I reckon the reason I’m in here cause I killed somebody. Mm-hmm. But I reckon that you’d wantin’ to know is how come he killed somebody. So I reckon I’ll start at the front. Mm-hmm."

"I stand on the hill, not for a thrill, but for the breath of a fresh kill. Never mind the man who contemplates doin’ away with license plates. He stands alone, anyhow, bakin’ the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent. Leavin’ his soul! Then like in poetry I go dot-dot-dot, you know, kinda off center, then I drop down and then I go: Leavin’ his soul! And partin’ the waters of the medulla oblongata of—brrrrrr!—mankind!"

"I can’t so much drink a glass of water around a midget or a piece of antique furniture"

"not funny haha, funny ....."

"Yes ma’am. I need the police over
here at the Wheatley house.
(pause)
I’ve killed somebody with a mower
blade.
(pause)
Yes ma’am, I’m right sure of it. I
hit him two good whacks. That
second time just plumb near cut his
head in two."

"Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade, mm hmmm."

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
From one of my favorite movies ever, Fandango:

Judy: Then she had her utopian tubes removed.
Gardner: "No That's fallopian darlin'.
Judy: Fallopian? Them's books of the bible silly... first and second fallopians!

Philip: Where's your car?
Gardner: You're drinkin' it!

Gardner: There's nothing wrong with going nowhere, son. It's a privilege of youth.

From Dazed and Confused:

Wooderson: That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

Slater: George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man.
Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man.

From one of my favorite movies ever, Fandango:

Judy: Then she had her utopian tubes removed.
Gardner: "No That's fallopian darlin'.
Judy: Fallopian? Them's books of the bible silly... first and second fallopians!

Philip: Where's your car?
Gardner: You're drinkin' it!

Gardner: There's nothing wrong with going nowhere, son. It's a privilege of youth.

From Dazed and Confused:

Wooderson: That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

Slater: George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man.
Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man.
My favorite Wooderson quote:

"You just got to keep livin... L-I-V-I-N!"

SSgtBama

Scout Team
Jul 19, 2004
Disappointed that one of my fav's hasn't been listed yet. Captain Ron.

Caroline Harvey: Captain Ron, I was wondering. Are we going to be going to any more "human" type places?
Captain Ron: Well, you heard of St. Croix?
Caroline Harvey: Yeah.
Captain Ron: We're going to the island just to the left of it.
Caroline Harvey: What's it called?
Captain Ron: Ted's.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
"The funny thing is, on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook."

"All I ask is three beers apiece for each of my co-workers...I think a man workin' outdoors feels more like a man if he can have a bottle of suds. That's only my opinion."

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
"The funny thing is, on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook."

"All I ask is three beers apiece for each of my co-workers...I think a man workin' outdoors feels more like a man if he can have a bottle of suds. That's only my opinion."
"They send you here for life, and that's exactly what they take. The part that counts, anyway. "

A lot of good quotes, and perhaps my favorite movie.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.