Tolkien Fans, can you name this sword??

porkchop

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2000
Cocoa Beach
The first sword is Anduril, the sword that was broken and will be re-forged.

The second is Sting. I will say Sting but I am not sure. It's sister sword Glamdring also glowed with a white light when Orcs were near. The map is the one from the Hobbit though, so I guess it is Bilbo's old sword Sting in the picture.

------------------
I TAUGHT KURT WARNER
HOW TO THROW

Crimson Legacy

Sep 21, 2000
Actually, this is Narsil which was the sword of Elendil. But you get credit anyway because from the shards of Narsil came Anduril, The Flame of the West, the sword of Aragorn.

The second is most definitely Sting. The word Smaug in the background gives it away. Good job porkchop!!

[This message has been edited by Crimson Legacy (edited April 10, 2001).]

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
And WONDERFUL pictures, Legacy!! Where on earth did they come from? Are there more?

I used to buy the Tolkein Calendars each year for my son Rob. The brothers Hildebrandt did the best ones, rich scenes from the story, pictures that remain in my memory still.

I never saw these pictures, though. If they are part of a book, I must have it!!!

------------------
ALABAMA: Tradition; Class; A name to respect in College Football

LTBF

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
B'ham,
I found this passage in Book Two of The Fellowship of the Ring:

"The Sword of Elendil (Narsil) was forged anew by Elvish smiths (while they were in Rivendell), and on its blade was traced a device of seven starts set between the crescent Moon and the rayed Sun, and about them was written many runes; for Aragorn, son of Arathorn was going to war upon the marches of Mordor. Very bright was the sword when it was made whole again; the light of the sun shone redly in it, and the light of the moon shone cold, and its edge was hard and keen. And Aragorn gave it a new name called it Anduril, Flame of the West." (material in Parentheses added)

ROLL TIDE FOREVER!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.