Tom Brady leaving New England

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Atleast Brady doesn't have to wear that god awful jersey the Bucs had for the last few years. (yeah I know the creamsickles will never be unseated for the worst for the Bucs but you got to admit that the NFL Europe style with digital clock numbers is pretty bad)

View attachment 7234
View attachment 7235

They went back to the jersey they won the superbowl with, and have a decent color rush as well.

View attachment 7233

Cant say the same about the Falcons. Sorry @DzynKingRTR and @selmaborntidefan yall officially now have XFL jerseys. Atlanta is cursed.... JK :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 7236

However I do dig the Dirty Bird throwback on the far right.

I chuckle when fans want to call me a front-runner for being an Alabama fan since the Carter administration.

I remind them........hey, my other teams:
a) blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl
b) blew a 3-2 games lead in the 91 WS thanks to a base running blunder
c) both left Atlanta in hockey
d) were one strike away (TWICE) from winning the World Series and are still waiting

In all sincerity, the moment Atlanta jumped out to a 28-3 lead on Brady, I even said to myself, "Now watch - we're about to see the biggest collapse in NFL history." And given the importance of the game, it was even if it was 7 points less than Houston against Buffalo in the wildcard round.

New uniforms that are awful? Not even a surprise.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I chuckle when fans want to call me a front-runner for being an Alabama fan since the Carter administration.

I remind them........hey, my other teams:
a) blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl
b) blew a 3-2 games lead in the 91 WS thanks to a base running blunder
c) both left Atlanta in hockey
d) were one strike away (TWICE) from winning the World Series and are still waiting

In all sincerity, the moment Atlanta jumped out to a 28-3 lead on Brady, I even said to myself, "Now watch - we're about to see the biggest collapse in NFL history." And given the importance of the game, it was even if it was 7 points less than Houston against Buffalo in the wildcard round.

New uniforms that are awful? Not even a surprise.
To me, blowing a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl isn't the worst Atlanta blunder, just the more recent one. I still say the 96 World Series was the worst choke job an Atlanta team has ever done. To totally clown a team the first two games in the Bronx, and then lose 4 straight is just horrible. Also consider that the 96 Braves team was the best braves team in history, while the 96 Yankees are nowhere close to a Top 10 Yankees team of all time. That is probably one of the few legitimate chokes in the Braves dynasty in the 90's.

The Super Bowl, you really have to say that was the peak of the Patriots second Super Bowl run, and the Falcons were just another NFC team that was having their turn at facing the AFC. So you pretty much new the better team was clearly the Patriots, and the Falcons couldn't afford to take their foot off the pedal at any point of that game and feel safe. Dan Quinn and Shannahan will be haunted forever for giving Brady and McDaniels too much time. But again everyone pretty much knew the game wasn't over.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I think with the state of the NFC anything is possible of happening if Brady has a little left in the tank. If he gets the Bucs to the playoffs after a decade and some change absence then his status will probably be more elevated than it already is, but if he doesn't then his legacy is still secured. Remember Montana got the Chiefs to the AFC championship game his first year and had an epic duel vs Steve Young. But yes most general sports fans will forget it unless he wins a superbowl.
I didn't remember Montana taking the Chiefs to the AFC championship game. I think I just don't want Brady to do well in Tampa, now that I think of it. I want to see his legacy tied to the Patriots as Tom Brady, the great Patriot. It feels weird that he is going to play for another team, and I'm not even a Patriot fan. I have just enjoyed following Brady's career over the last 20 years. I like seeing players and coaches make their legacy with one team.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I didn't remember Montana taking the Chiefs to the AFC championship game. I think I just don't want Brady to do well in Tampa, now that I think of it. I want to see his legacy tied to the Patriots as Tom Brady, the great Patriot. It feels weird that he is going to play for another team, and I'm not even a Patriot fan. I have just enjoyed following Brady's career over the last 20 years. I like seeing players and coaches make their legacy with one team.
Even if he were to win another Super Bowl with the Buccaneers, his legacy will always be tied to the Patriots. I seriously doubt even Peyton Manning will remember as a Bronco in 20 years even after a Super Bowl ring. I see Brady to the Bucs as more of a cross of a Manning/ Montana thing, in which it isn't so much as redefining his legacy as much as it was that he had a serious disagreement with the front office and his lack of weapons, and not a Drew Brees situation in which he is rebuilding his legacy.

More or less I think it is Brady wanting to have fun his last two years, and get away from the cold. I just don't see anything he does is really going to redefine his legacy except pushing "the oldest" to do X further. Maybe the only thing he really can do is outlast and beat Brees's records.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
To me, blowing a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl isn't the worst Atlanta blunder, just the more recent one.
The reality is that if those two teams played a 16-game season against each other, the Pats would win at least 12 of them. They were substantially better in all phases, and if Atlanta had TRAILED 28-3 and come back to tie it and THEN lost in OT, we'd be hearing about their substantial heart.

I still say the 96 World Series was the worst choke job an Atlanta team has ever done. To totally clown a team the first two games in the Bronx, and then lose 4 straight is just horrible. Also consider that the 96 Braves team was the best braves team in history, while the 96 Yankees are nowhere close to a Top 10 Yankees team of all time. That is probably one of the few legitimate chokes in the Braves dynasty in the 90's.
I've kind of blocked that one out.

Actually......there's a more personal thing on that one with me.

I was the Opening Day game that year, the day they got their rings. Having gone to my first game in 1977 - when there were more mosquitoes than fans at the ballpark - that was truly something beautiful to see even if the wind chill was 29 degrees. I mean, it looked like the Braves were gonna do a Big Red Machine impersonation, and then they fell behind, 3-1, in the Cards series (and remember - the first two games with LA, the Braves very easily could have lost). But then two blowout wins and a Mad Dog masterpiece, and we have the rested Yankees. Own them two games, and even only trailed game 3 at home, 2-1, entering the 8th inning.

Up 6-0 after five in game four........and the Braves haven't won a World Series game since.....

The Super Bowl, you really have to say that was the peak of the Patriots second Super Bowl run, and the Falcons were just another NFC team that was having their turn at facing the AFC. So you pretty much new the better team was clearly the Patriots, and the Falcons couldn't afford to take their foot off the pedal at any point of that game and feel safe. Dan Quinn and Shannahan will be haunted forever for giving Brady and McDaniels too much time. But again everyone pretty much knew the game wasn't over.
You'd think Quinn would remember the game two years earlier when he was the DC in Seattle, but he got away with being the scapegoat because Pete Carroll eats Tide pods in his morning Wheaties.

Reactions: 81usaf92

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You'd think Quinn would remember the game two years earlier when he was the DC in Seattle, but he got away with being the scapegoat because Pete Carroll eats Tide pods in his morning Wheaties.
Well you would've thought Shannahan would've remembered SB LI last year. The niners had their foot at the Chiefs throat, but got caught coasting. I kinda like the days in which teams kept humiliating teams in the super bowl because comebacks were truly amazing in those days (because they never happened). The Bucs doing it to the Raiders and the Hawks doing it to the Broncos are the most recent times it has happened I think.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
As a Bucs fan do you think they retire his number? Because they are retiring Lynch’s number this coming up year because of HOF.
I think if Brady stays a couple more years they *might*, but I doubt they do so now. They didn't retire Brad Johnson's number and TB12's career will probably always be synonymous with NE, unless he wins several more (very unlikely) at TB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.