BREAKING Tommy Rees hired as OC

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
No one will ever have me believe that BOB wasn't just going through the motions at Alabama. That this wasn't just a stopping off place for someone who already had several million in the bank. I thought he excelled in always saying what people wanted to hear and yes praising the boss to stay on his good side. For those who always say he was more of NFL guy I ask where did we first see BOB? At Penn State where he won Coach of the Year.
it is easy to look like a great OC when Tom Brady is the QB and you have video tape of the other teams signals....

Reactions: TexasBama and UAH

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
From that article, exactly what I suspected.
Add more context to that:

For my part, I can see it. UW (and Fresno before that) made Michael Penix into a very, very good QB with an explosive passing offense. It was a fun offense to watch, no doubt. For Alabama fans, it would remind them a lot of what we saw for one year with Mike Locksley, just with less running. Lots of one-read lay up passes interspersed with deep shots and deep mesh routes. Regardless, I think Grubb’s lack of a focus on being able to run the ball tanked things.
That kind offense wouldn't work in SEC... I honestly believe we would have Gubb as our OC if he had agreed to the parameter of what Saban wanted.

BUt either way, Rees was the right choice.

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
Why do you guys keep using random, baseball analogies?

Let's use things we can all wrap our heads around.

Let's talk hires that are:
Lost Fumbles
Failed Fourth-Down Conversions
First-Downs
Interceptions
Goal-Line Stands
Field Goals
Touchdowns
Ok so using your parameters… Hiring Nick Saban at Alabama is the equivalent of late 4th quarter soul crushing QB sack resulting in a fumble an a DT picking up the ball an waltzing into the endzone for the win in the closing seconds of the game! RTR!!!

Reactions: seebell

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This.
The headline is a teaser. Read the article.
The author got "a more wholistic story."
I think that adjective means "of or pertaining to wholes." As opposed to fractions of wholes? Or maybe it means digging wholes. I don't know.

Reactions: Islander

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I love The kid, I can see why he was recruited. Great team mate , great attitude. I just don’t see his improvement to the point he consistently makes the right pass on third down to keep a drive going. Sure he may do it a couple of times, and getting comfortable will be a big part of it, but you can put me in the doubter column. I hope he proves me wrong, to be fair I had doubts about Bryce when he took over for Mac.
Many here doubted Mac late in 2019. They didn't think he would start 2020. So, we'll see how it plays out. I'm not judging Milroe based on such a small sample size after being thrust in due to Young's injury. I have confidence Rees will have all our quarterbacks ready.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
My feeling about the Rees hire is "cautiously optimistic."
He seems young, maybe has fresh ideas. He may believe in running the dang ball.
Maybe two years of BoB have lowered my expectations.
Bryce is gone, however, so "snap it to Bryce and maybe he'll make something happen" is not going to be an option anymore. Fingers crossed.
I think that is honestly a good thing. When you have a guy who can make an amazing play out of nothing every single time, it is great in the moment but retards the offense and the development of every player on the field including the QB. It happened with Jalen Hurts too, but he didn’t have the luxury of learning on the sidelines for a year before being thrown into the fire.

I think having a new, young OC and new, young QB will help us get away from backyard football and back to sound fundamentals and intelligent play design.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
Many here doubted Mac late in 2019. They didn't think he would start 2020. So, we'll see how it plays out. I'm not judging Milroe based on such a small sample size after being thrust in due to Young's injury. I have confidence Rees will have all our quarterbacks ready.
me ... never thought he would take snap at bama .. he looked fearful in one game

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Which game was that?
I remember the occurrence but not what game it was - Tua (?) got hurt and Mac came in late in the game, maybe? Looked unprepared.
I wasn’t happy at the time - he had already won A-Game MVP a year or two before, so I expected him to be ready when his number was called. He wasn’t. Prior to that game I had no doubt he would start his final year. After that game I had doubts. Thank goodness it was a simple case of stage fright that disappeared before the following season

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I remember the occurrence but not what game it was - Tua (?) got hurt and Mac came in late in the game, maybe? Looked unprepared.
I wasn’t happy at the time - he had already won A-Game MVP a year or two before, so I expected him to be ready when his number was called. He wasn’t. Prior to that game I had no doubt he would start his final year. After that game I had doubts. Thank goodness it was a simple case of stage fright that disappeared before the following season
You talking about the Auburn game in 2019?

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Tennessee 2019 game.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
He also set a school record in 2018, for the 2nd longest touchdown pass. 94 yards on a slant to Waddle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.