Top chef final vote

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Burrrrrppppppppp. Scuse me. ;)

Ahem, the winner of the Top Chef competition will be announced shortly. As soon as we all come to an agreement and we digest all this lobster the winner will be announced in this thread.

Matt, Nick and anyone else who wants to add some input feel free to post here or PM me. Open comments are very welcome. Great job by all the contestants.

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
First, let me start off by saying, Im glad im not competing
this year. You guys really kicked it up a notch as they say.

Ill start with Derek..

Lobster martinis were good, and Im sure I will make this again when im trying to impress some people.

Asparagus soup.
I love just about any soup, and this one was real good. Although, you may have stayed more true to the competition, if you had used lobster broth instead of chicken.

Grilled Lobster with mango butter.
Grilled lobster is one of my favorite things to eat, period. The mango butter elevated it even higher for me.

Coconut rice. This dish was excellent. It really complimented the curry in the lobster dish.

The rest of your menu, while certainly great, could have been left out of the competition. I was looking for dishes that either contained or complimented the lobster. The coconut rice certainly did that, but the others not so much.

Ill give my remarks on Dr. Bama a little later today..

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Now for Dr Bama's dishes.

Lobster Tacos.
The pepper slaw really made this a unique dish. I loved it. The only issue I had (and im not sure if its the process, or I just messed it up) but the lobster turned out a little over cooked.

Lobster Ceviche.
I realy dont care for ceviche of any kind. Too acidic for me. But I wont hold it against you just because it isnt to my taste.

Lobster with Herb Butter
Pretty ordinary dish. (if any lobster dish can be called ordinary) Could be because i couldnt find chervil, and had to use parsley instead. Never had chervil, so im not sure what that herb is supposed to taste like.

Lobster risotto.
Not the best risotti ive ever had, but definatley the best risotto Ive ever made :) probably my favorite dish of the whole competition.

Balsamic cream sauce.... Im never making hollandaise again.

Lobster boil bloody mary. I dont usually drink bloody mary unless im on vacation. So this drink made me feel like that. And im glad you found a way to work lobster into it.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Well bayou, have you caught the swine flu? Can one catch the swine flu from indulging in too much lobster? Has the virus mutated to that point yet?Gee, I wouldn't be surprised if you caught a "lobster" flu after sampling all those items from the finals. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.