Florida: Top UF receiver Jacob Copeland enters portal

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Being a top receiver, he probably put his name in the portal to see what is out there. That accomplishes two things for him -

Is there another program coveting my services?
New coach needs to know I'm ready to bolt.

Reactions: Toddrn

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Not sure what kind of offense they will run under Napier. Perhaps he does not see his situation improving. Interesting that he wears #1 and that number will likely be available when Jameson moves on.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We had a 4 star QB recruit just decommit too.....after meeting with Coach Billy. Nick Evers. His first meeting with the new coach and he decided he wanted out.

Also a returning starting LB entered the portal. Mohamoud Diabate.

Naturally lots of speculation on all of this.

For me, I watched the Napier segment today on Finebaum and everything I heard made it sound like we were FINALLY going to get THE head coach to get things fixed.

So these transfers and decommits don't really bother me because I trust the new coach is going about his business getting the house back in order - whatever the consequences.

I wish those players who are leaving all the best and thank them for their contributions. There's no upside to saying a bunch of nasty comments at this point.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
We had a 4 star QB recruit just decommit too.....after meeting with Coach Billy. Nick Evers. His first meeting with the new coach and he decided he wanted out.

Also a returning starting LB entered the portal. Mohamoud Diabate.

Naturally lots of speculation on all of this.

For me, I watched the Napier segment today on Finebaum and everything I heard made it sound like we were FINALLY going to get THE head coach to get things fixed.

So these transfers and decommits don't really bother me because I trust the new coach is going about his business getting the house back in order - whatever the consequences.

I wish those players who are leaving all the best and thank them for their contributions. There's no upside to saying a bunch of nasty comments at this point.
With a new coach there is always going to be some growing pains, so to speak.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
With a new coach there is always going to be some growing pains, so to speak.
florida has dropped to only 8 recruits this cycle and is currently in last place in SEC recruiting rankings. This along with multiple transfers

Mullen's lack of recruiting will really back Napier into a corner. He will need a lot of time I believe to rebuild the program or even have a chance at rebuilding it.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
You just hate to see it.

View attachment 21423
We're rebuilding from the ground up.

I don't know how things will end up but so far I like what I'm hearing. I don't think anyone would dispute that what was always missing at Florida the most was the right man in charge. From what I understand, Coach Napier is cleaning house right now. Whatever the bad optics are - they are a means to an end. And that end means Florida will hopefully compete again for a title.

I know the ribbing here is mostly just having fun.

Hey - enjoy it while you can I always say! (y)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.