Transfer Portal 2023-2024...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Not for new entries. But players can announce their intentions. Not sure if schools can contact them yet.
Which brings to mind a question: if a player announces the intention to enter the portal during to next open period, is the university obligated to keep that student athlete on scholarship and in the program? Basically the player is saying they have one foot out the door.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Which brings to mind a question: if a player announces the intention to enter the portal during to next open period, is the university obligated to keep that student athlete on scholarship and in the program? Basically the player is saying they have one foot out the door.
Kinda makes one wonder the chain of events that leads up to an athlete announcing his departure before eligibility to actually transfer.

Is it incoming tampering?

Is the athlete inviting solicitation/tampering?

This whole "SYSTEM?" is jacked above the clouds! I want to stay interested and active in CFB games and discussion but it's becoming less of a priority now. Really sad what our game has become.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
From what I understand, if a player announces he's transferring or entering the portal the university doesn't have to honor the players scholarship

Reactions: Con

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Kinda makes one wonder the chain of events that leads up to an athlete announcing his departure before eligibility to actually transfer.

This whole "SYSTEM?" is jacked above the clouds! I want to stay interested and active in CFB games and discussion but it's becoming less of a priority now. Really sad what our game has become.
I think it's basically "somebody better open up the check book or I'm going to someone who will."

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Seems like anyone can do anything they want right now and the NCAA will stand by clutching their pearls.
I would say they are clutching something a bit further “south” because every day they are getting closer to singing soprano in the NCAA glee club.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Kind of like shoplifting...it isn't really shoplifting until you are out the door.:rolleyes:

some_al_fan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 14, 2024
From what I understand, if a player announces he's transferring or entering the portal the university doesn't have to honor the players scholarship
I doubt that university can pull a scholarship without a player actually entering transfer portal.
What is an announcement? Social media post? How can anyone be sure that account access was not hacked?

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
I doubt that university can pull a scholarship without a player actually entering transfer portal.
What is an announcement? Social media post? How can anyone be sure that account access was not hacked?
It doesn't sound like there's any rules against it. No doubt the player would sue, but somebody's gotta teach these kids personal responsibility. All decisions have potential consequences.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
It doesn't sound like there's any rules against it. No doubt the player would sue, but somebody's gotta teach these kids personal responsibility. All decisions have potential consequences.
I think in today's college football world, personal responsibility exists in inverse proportion to how fast one can run the 40 or how far one can throw a ball.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I don’t really like the NFL much anymore because of all the movement that free agency has created. But at least there they have a set of rules and consequences for not following them.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I listen to a lot of sports radio and have heard this from many so it maybe true may not but when a lot of people say it I think it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.