Transfer Portal and how it makes a difference in a recruting class in a couple years.

Blindside17

1st Team
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Just discussing today at work,the classes just recently signed by Bama, UGA and A&M. And that discussion led to a discussion about how many of these kids would actually still be at the schools they signed with. I said personally I think as many as five kids, from each school would enter the portal between now and the time they are ready to graduate.And I think that could be said for most schools and it will just be the norm. Just curious as to what others think...

Reactions: dtgreg

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think five is the minimum, and it’ll probably be more. It’s just that it’s usually guys not playing for whatever reason, so you don’t notice so much.

Guys are going to be buried in the depth chart, some other school offers more NIL money (yeah, I know that’s tampering, but the fact that Coach Karen whines about it doesn’t mean he’s wrong about it happening), guys not wanting to get with the program on the dirty work involved with the position (e.g. a highly talented RB having to block to get on the field), disgruntled about playing time, have a change in their Co-Ordinator or position coach, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

Could be a zillion reasons (some more benign than others), but I think it will be more prevalent in the future than it is now. It’s about to be the Wild West out there, to a degree far greater than we’ve seen in the past.

Reactions: Blindside17

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Kids have have transferred for years. The portal will be adjusted again just like NIL. As long as Saban is the leader nothing changes. He warned college football each time they’ve done the dumb thing. Which is changing the game they think will hurt Bama. He’s said ok I’ll beat you at your own game. Four Heisman winners at every perceivable offensive position that you can win it ( QB , WR, and RB ) we had none before. Rpo and tempo he said the same thing. Everyone cries foul when he beats their ass. The reality is if they are good enough they will beat him but he will out work you and. Nobody has been able to put work him in college

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Kids have have transferred for years. The portal will be adjusted again just like NIL. As long as Saban is the leader nothing changes. He warned college football each time they’ve done the dumb thing. Which is changing the game they think will hurt Bama. He’s said ok I’ll beat you at your own game. Four Heisman winners at every perceivable offensive position that you can win it ( QB , WR, and RB ) we had none before. Rpo and tempo he said the same thing. Everyone cries foul when he beats their ass. The reality is if they are good enough they will beat him but he will out work you and. Nobody has been able to put work him in college
The title of GOAT is well deserved........

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

Latest threads

Shop the TideFans.shop !

Your purchase through our TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!