BREAKING Trevor Bauer suspended for two seasons by MLB

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm not sure what MLB found that was different than the judges comments in the court system

The judge said the "injuries as shown in the photographs are terrible," but added: "If she set limits and he exceeded them, this case would've been clear. But she set limits without considering all the consequences, and respondent did not exceed limits that the petitioner set."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Trevor is going to be the nightmare that costs the Dodgers a lot of money. This is the difference between the NFL and MLB. The NFL doesn’t cater to the rich organizations mlb does. This is the second big decision that Manfred has backed a controversial gripe made by the Dodgers in the last two years. And this one is going to blow up in their faces again.

I hate Bauer but let’s be honest he is going to win this and probably cost the MLB and LA alot of money.

Reactions: Bamabuzzard

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And if you don’t think the Dodgers had a hand in this notice he signed a 3 year deal last year and this suspension is for 2 years. Roberts and many Dodgers want him gone because they found out what the Reds and Cleveland did in that he is a class a donkey that divides locker rooms. But the Dodgers wanted so badly to have 3-4 Cy Youngs in rotation so they signed him and paid the price.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Trevor is going to be the nightmare that costs the Dodgers a lot of money. This is the difference between the NFL and MLB. The NFL doesn’t cater to the rich organizations mlb does. This is the second big decision that Manfred has backed a controversial gripe made by the Dodgers in the last two years. And this one is going to blow up in their faces again.

I hate Bauer but let’s be honest he is going to win this and probably cost the MLB and LA alot of money.
And if you don’t think the Dodgers had a hand in this notice he signed a 3 year deal last year and this suspension is for 2 years. Roberts and many Dodgers want him gone because they found out what the Reds and Cleveland did in that he is a class a donkey that divides locker rooms. But the Dodgers wanted so badly to have 3-4 Cy Youngs in rotation so they signed him and paid the price.
Yep, Bauer is going to win this because all the evidence points to the woman not only consenting but ASKING for the next time to be "rougher".

Bauer's personality has always rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and he's definitely not a locker room guy.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
This is ridiculous and, like you guys, I'm not a Bauer fan. How can MLB justify such a long suspension for a crime that was technically never committed? This isn't even a case like the Johnny Depp case where he was shunned by Hollywood before all the evidence was presented. The evidence was presented and Bauer was cleared, yet MLB still punishes him. For what, not doing the crime?

Reactions: 81usaf92

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yep, Bauer is going to win this because all the evidence points to the woman not only consenting but ASKING for the next time to be "rougher".

Bauer's personality has always rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and he's definitely not a locker room guy.
I get suspending him for maybe 2 months just to show something was done for behavior. But this is clearly Manfred trying to do the Dodgers a solid by not allowing him to pitch for someone else while also keeping him out of the clubhouse at the same time.

Like him or hate him, disagree or agree the NFL has taken better steps with transparency on the Watson case. They haven’t misled teams of where they are leaning nor have they favored one side over the other. They let the criminal case move forward and basically have moved from there. They didn’t cave to the rich organizations like the MLB just did. The Mlb I feel thought the Bauer case was heading strongly in one direction before the facts and ruling came out and had no answer for it when it happened.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
MLB is saying that it is a violation of their policy to beat on women, even if they ask for it. They may be right. Up to the lawyers now.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
MLB is saying that it is a violation of their policy to beat on women, even if they ask for it. They may be right. Up to the lawyers now.
Sounds more like the MLB just asked the Dodgers what they wanted to do and did it. It’s too suspicious that the suspension is 2 years and he has 2 years remaining on his contract. The Dodgers have been aggressively trying to get out of his contract without paying him for over a year and now they have it all of the sudden.

If the MLB wanted to send a message that consensual beating is not okay then they should have suspended him for life. They haven’t had a problem in doing so to players in the past. This is either the most arbitrary suspension of all time or one that favors one particular franchise.

I hate Bauer, I don’t agree with him and his sex partner’s vision of rough sex is, but the mlb deserves to lose their ass on this suspension. Which they will if they don’t compromise at the appeal. Either make it a lifetime suspension or don’t make it obvious that you have been paid off.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They may want to be careful what closets they start digging in, there’s a lot of weird people out there and some play baseball.
I think it’s in their best interests not to let this go into civil court. Because I can just imagine the stuff that comes up in discovery.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not sure that is even a possibility given the CBA.
He can, but it’s more likely the league loses arbitration in an appeal and Bauer is reinstated. If he loses arbitration then it’s all but guaranteed that the League and Dodgers will be sued by Bauer and the PA for abuse of power. This is of course barring new evidence….

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He can, but it’s more likely the league loses arbitration in an appeal and Bauer is reinstated. If he loses arbitration then it’s all but guaranteed that the League and Dodgers will be sued by Bauer and the PA for abuse of power. This is of course barring new evidence….
I really don't care how this plays out, but anything that hurts the Dodgers this year - I support.

• Heart
Reactions: selmaborntidefan

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So what the league is hedging their bets on is a new girlfriend in Cleveland coming forward saying that he was doing this while playing for them.

Again a suspension was always coming, and in all likelihood the Dodgers and the Mlb collectively were probably going to find a way to black ball him. But it’s the amount of suspension being equal to his remaining contract that is weird and obvious what they were pushing for. Domestic violence in the MLB has never been punished past 162 games and we aren’t talking about weird situations like this.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I think it’s in their best interests not to let this go into civil court. Because I can just imagine the stuff that comes up in discovery.
Civil court? don't see that, headed to arbitration i'm sure. In salary arbitration, the judgement is either for the player or the team, no middle ground. I think the arbitrator here can mitigate the punishment, like maybe reducing it to a year,

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Arbitrator might well say, "Well, he's suspended but you owe him (a large)% of the contract anyway because" (and I'm not a lawyer but creativity is amusing to me).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well Trevor Bauer just released a load of texts from his new accuser. If the MLB is using her for their reason then they are toast. This case just dumb by all parties and I hate all of them.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Well Trevor Bauer just released a load of texts from his new accuser. If the MLB is using her for their reason then they are toast. This case just dumb by all parties and I hate all of them.
Yeah, stupidity by all parties involved here, but even if someone asks you to abuse, hurt or whatever to themselves, doesn't matter, you can still be held accountable. Grand jury said not today, not enough evidence, but mlb can still do it's thing. gets kicked down to a year and they will count the time he has missed. my guess

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Bauer is human garbage. He beats women for sexual satisfaction. It really doesn't get much more disgusting.

• Thank You
Reactions: BhamToTexas

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.