Tropical Storm Ian headed this way.....

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
A couple of models (the EURO in particular) showing landfall in the Tampa Bay/St Pete area, then hugging the coast up to the big bend area. If it stays off the coast, longer seems it might break up quite a bit before hitting the big bend, if it hits the Tampa area first, could be nasty. Current track has us in the Orlando area getting winds upwards of hurricane force, with gusts approaching 100. I don’t expect anything worse than some power outages here.

Side note: Jim Cantore has apparently been sent over to Clearwater. Typically a harbinger of doom. Who knows at this point though.

• Thank You
Reactions: Padreruf

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Bazza -- do me a favor and make sure it gets worn down before it comes up to Charleston! Seriously, my sister in law lives at Holmes Beach, just below Tampa. Could be rough on those folks on the West Coast of Florida.

• Heart
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bazza -- do me a favor and make sure it gets worn down before it comes up to Charleston! Seriously, my sister in law lives at Holmes Beach, just below Tampa. Could be rough on those folks on the West Coast of Florida.
Your sister is in for some rough weather, @Padreruf ! I hope she has a support system in place to assist.

I doubt you will experience much havoc where you are, though.

BTW, all the surf trips up the coast - we always made it a point to stop at Folly Beach! Loved that place!

This is a pretty good site to monitor things:

Reactions: Padreruf

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
St. Pete Beach and north on highway 696 is awfully low. They'll see some flooding.
Yeah, thankfully, while STP is pretty flat, there is some slight elevation overall. My friend has a shop directly downtown and he's 51' above sea level.

Like most long-time Floridians, he's gonna hunker down and wait this out.

Reactions: TexasBama

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I work in downtown St. Augustine, right on the water on a little peninsula. It doesn't take much to put our parking lot under water. We'll likely get a couple days of straight rain from this hurricane. We are preparing for our building to get flooded. Planning to telework at the end of the week.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I'm in central Georgia and we're in the "cone". Current track has it going east of us, as a depression which puts us on the "better" side. We should be okay, but I remember Michael in 2018 doing real damage up here and knocked out our power for about 20 hours. (I didn't win any husband points as I was down in Orlando teaching a course when it got there. She didn't give me credit for the power coming back on five minutes after I got home.)

Just got a text from USAA about Ian with a link to information about keeping us safe. After Michael, they reimbursed us for the spoiled food in our fridge within 36 hours.

Reactions: TexasBama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.