Trump awards Holtz the medal of freedom for being one of “the greatest football coaches in history”

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I read it back a while, right after he had awarded the MoH to someone. He asked if he could qualify. Knowing him, I didn't find it remarkable at the time...

He seems to have been joking, but who knows with him.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

He seems to have been joking, but who knows with him.
After Earle responded to me, my memory jarred and I vaguely recalled what he was talking about. I think that's all you need to know about Trump's Presidency: his extreme everything has been so insane even my memory can't recall ALL of his crazy ideas on demand.

I found that same story last night, but I dozed off before posting it here.

I'm tired of the "He's a great and funny guy who was kidding" excuse.

Ronald Reagan was a funny guy, and it was clear when he was joking. Donald Trump calibrates what gets a reaction and then decides to do whatever gets him cheers regardless of how dumb the idea is.

Reactions: B1GTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm thinking if I'm Belichick, I go with, "I'm busy that night."

===

Side note:

Bob Ryan went off on this - which is fine.

Except - as my brother said this morning via text - "the most liberal person at my workplace said, 'Bob Ryan was silent while the Boston Globe fostered a culture of sexual misconduct, so who cares what HE thinks?'"

It was one of those, "Bill shouldn't do it, but Bob needs to just shut up."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Curt Schilling puts in a bid for one.

it's hilarious watching the morons that are still hanging on to this do increasingly dumb crap to try to get people to notice them.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No clue and doesn't even matter? Belichick is a Trumpie and was smart enough to turn it down.
It matters to me. If she is not a trumpie them her receiving the medal from trump is far more legitimate, therefore not something that I would sneer at.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.