East Point, Ga, USA

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I just turned it on the radio.
This is powerful.

Quote:

America is great because we preserve our democratic institutions at all costs. Until January 6th, we were proof positive for the world that a nation conceived in liberty could long endure, but now January 6th threatens our most sacred legacy. The question for every one of us who serves in Congress, for every elected official across this great nation, indeed for every American, is this. Will we adhere to that rule of law? Will we respect the rulings of our courts? Will we preserve the peaceful transition of power, or will we be so blinded by partisanship that we throw away the miracle of America? Do we hate our political adversaries more than we love our country and revere our Constitution? I pray that that is not the case. I pray that we all remember our children are watching as we carry out this solemn and sacred duty entrusted to us. Our children will know who stood for truth, and they will inherit the nation we hand to them, a republic, if we can keep it. Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

• Heart
Reactions: seebell and Go Bama

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Quote:

America is great because we preserve our democratic institutions at all costs. Until January 6th, we were proof positive for the world that a nation conceived in liberty could long endure, but now January 6th threatens our most sacred legacy. The question for every one of us who serves in Congress, for every elected official across this great nation, indeed for every American, is this. Will we adhere to that rule of law? Will we respect the rulings of our courts? Will we preserve the peaceful transition of power, or will we be so blinded by partisanship that we throw away the miracle of America? Do we hate our political adversaries more than we love our country and revere our Constitution? I pray that that is not the case. I pray that we all remember our children are watching as we carry out this solemn and sacred duty entrusted to us. Our children will know who stood for truth, and they will inherit the nation we hand to them, a republic, if we can keep it. Thank you, Mr. Chairman.
strong words for a woman who threw her own sister under the bus for votes

Reactions: 92tide

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
In what reality is the GOP living? They would have been far better to get on the committee, acknowledge the truth about DJT and the rally, and then move forward in contrition, integrity and determination to not let that cancer infect their party. When you value "winning elections" above integrity, you will not only eventually lose, you will lose the historical analysis as well.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
In what reality is the GOP living? They would have been far better to get on the committee, acknowledge the truth about DJT and the rally, and then move forward in contrition, integrity and determination to not let that cancer infect their party. When you value "winning elections" above integrity, you will not only eventually lose, you will lose the historical analysis as well.
no offense but what reality are you in that you think that they would even consider this?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
No, I was still surprised. It was hard to believe someone who delivered the remarks he did, while wearing Proud Boys lookalike gear, would try to claim he was doing his duty as my representative...
I had never really given Mo much thought until the last couple years. I grew up in Florence so I keep an eye on that district just for old times sake. Never impressed me as being the sharpest quill on the porcupine, but watching him during the election and its aftermath (and diving deeper into his record) really embarrass me as an Alabamian.

To think he represents literal rocket scientists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.