Trump Capitol Insurrection Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
for those who may not have seen this yet, this was part of the call he made to ga s.o.s. raffensberger. i imagine this audio is going to get a lot of airplay over the next few months

And you’re going to find that they are—which is totally illegal, it is more illegal for you than it is for them, because you know what they did, and you’re not reporting it. That’s a criminal, that’s a criminal offense. And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that’s a big risk … I’m notifying you that you’re letting it happen. So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
for those who may not have seen this yet, this was part of the call he made to ga s.o.s. raffensberger. i imagine this audio is going to get a lot of airplay over the next few months
And you’re going to find that they are—which is totally illegal, it is more illegal for you than it is for them, because you know what they did, and you’re not reporting it. That’s a criminal, that’s a criminal offense. And you can’t let that happen. That’s a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that’s a big risk … I’m notifying you that you’re letting it happen. So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state.
"Nice state you have there. Be a shame if something happened to it."

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I wonder how the members of a Grand Jury are selected? Unanimous vote for indictment? Would a jury in Georgia indict the Great Orange one?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I found this. I don't know if a special GJ is different.

Prior to each Term of Court, the grand jury list is used to select the names of those citizens who will be summoned for service on the Grand Jury. This can be done either manually or by computer, depending on the county. In counties which rely on a manual system, the Commissioners take names from the Grand Jury list and place them on slips of paper which are put into the Grand Jury box. The box is brought into open court where a judge of Superior Court draws between 18 and 75 names of persons to be summoned for duty on the Grand Jury. In counties which use a mechanical or computerized jury selection system, prior to each Term, 18 to 75 names from the grand jury list are selected at random by the computer in accordance with local court rules

Then there is this.
While a trial jury must reach a unanimous vote to convict, a grand jury only requires a majority vote of 12 or more to approve an indictment. Furthermore, only 16 of the 23 jurors have to be present. If they decide to approve the indictment, the words “true bill” will be endorsed on it.

I feel better now.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I found this. I don't know if a special GJ is different.

Prior to each Term of Court, the grand jury list is used to select the names of those citizens who will be summoned for service on the Grand Jury. This can be done either manually or by computer, depending on the county. In counties which rely on a manual system, the Commissioners take names from the Grand Jury list and place them on slips of paper which are put into the Grand Jury box. The box is brought into open court where a judge of Superior Court draws between 18 and 75 names of persons to be summoned for duty on the Grand Jury. In counties which use a mechanical or computerized jury selection system, prior to each Term, 18 to 75 names from the grand jury list are selected at random by the computer in accordance with local court rules

Then there is this.
While a trial jury must reach a unanimous vote to convict, a grand jury only requires a majority vote of 12 or more to approve an indictment. Furthermore, only 16 of the 23 jurors have to be present. If they decide to approve the indictment, the words “true bill” will be endorsed on it.

I feel better now.
Usually, the grand jury's term is concurrent with the term of court. My understanding is that a special grand jury in Georgia is organized for a specific purpose with an unlimited life. That's from news reports, so take it FWIW...

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and seebell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.