Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Important:

But these stories also present a problem: Each one is, yes, appalling. But the nature of our news cycle is such that even as I was writing this piece, I was struggling to remember the individual stories that had already come out of the books.

The stories that come out of these books -- released to gin up excitement and, more importantly, sales in advance of their releases -- tend to be fleeting, shining bright for a brief moment when the political universe is all staring at them but quickly disappearing into the vastness of our broader news consumption.

That fact is why it's important not to get too caught up in any one revelation that has or will emerge from these books and instead take a step back and see the broader reality being painted here.

and:

This is, in sum, a man deeply unfit for the presidency. (That is not a partisan statement. It is a statement of fact based on the clear portrait we have of how Trump behaved while in the most powerful office in the country.) A man who, by his inability to understand the sanctity of the office he held, threatened to destroy that sanctity for those who would follow him into the White House. And a man who was, without any question, an active danger for every single American -- whether they supported or opposed him.

THAT needs to be the takeaway from these books. THAT is the forest through the trees. And THAT is the truth that voters needs to hear if and when Trump tries to reclaim the presidency in 2024.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Important:

But these stories also present a problem: Each one is, yes, appalling. But the nature of our news cycle is such that even as I was writing this piece, I was struggling to remember the individual stories that had already come out of the books.

The stories that come out of these books -- released to gin up excitement and, more importantly, sales in advance of their releases -- tend to be fleeting, shining bright for a brief moment when the political universe is all staring at them but quickly disappearing into the vastness of our broader news consumption.

That fact is why it's important not to get too caught up in any one revelation that has or will emerge from these books and instead take a step back and see the broader reality being painted here.

and:

This is, in sum, a man deeply unfit for the presidency. (That is not a partisan statement. It is a statement of fact based on the clear portrait we have of how Trump behaved while in the most powerful office in the country.) A man who, by his inability to understand the sanctity of the office he held, threatened to destroy that sanctity for those who would follow him into the White House. And a man who was, without any question, an active danger for every single American -- whether they supported or opposed him.

THAT needs to be the takeaway from these books. THAT is the forest through the trees. And THAT is the truth that voters needs to hear if and when Trump tries to reclaim the presidency in 2024.

A while back, we saw a list of bad deeds from his presidency. It was a comprehensive list. https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the-complete-listing-atrocities-1-1-056#2017

I would have loved to have the foresight to make a succinct outline (with links) to the horrible things that were going on every day. I didn't foresee it being THAT incredibly bad. But I'm glad I didn't anyway - living through it, getting up and wondering what the hell would happen today, was anxiety inducing enough - no need to catalogue it - it would have driven me insane.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I guess Trump forgot about the Old Course.

But as all of the great players, sportscasters, and golf aficionados know, the greatest site and course of all for The Open is Turnberry, in Scotland.

• Facepalm
Reactions: TexasBama

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Reactions: Go Bama and seebell

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.