Not open for further replies.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The scary thing is that these people have always been around. It just took Trump to bring them out of the woodwork...
This is why I've long said Trump is the PERFECT MICROCOSM of the Internet/social media generation.

He talks on the mic like people with poster names taunt others online (this board notably excepted).
He just makes crap up on the spot.

=========

"Asked to clarify Trump's comments later, one of Trump's spokespeople waved away the entire matter as irrelevant. Trump, Karina Pierson told Fox News, was tough, and that's all that mattered."
(Tom Nichols, "The Death of Expertise," 2017:212).

There is NOTHING "tough" at all about Trump other than his phony bravado, which he's able to have because if anyone tried to slug him, he's got bodyguards like a common mobster.

Btw- the comment in question was when Trump meandered nonsensically about "nuclear" and "the devastation." He literally knew nothing about nuclear power (given how little he knows about history and geography, it wouldn't surprise me if he thought Japan nuked the US in WW2).

Reactions: seebell

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
The scary thing is that these people have always been around. It just took Trump to bring them out of the woodwork...
I always figured that the effect of Federal law enforcement on Klan activities and extremism just put the ideas into hibernation. Well, the ideas still existed, but the people who believed in racist ideologies felt completely powerless.

Like you said, he simply woke them all up. I don't lay all the blame on Trump, however. The Republican Party has been catering to these people for decades. Dog whistle politics, etc.

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
When are they going after the people in congress making threats as well? No, their threats are not as violent as this guy's but they know exactly what they are inciting.
What this current Congress needs is a "Have you no Shame" moment.

Reactions: seebell and Go Bama

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

What this current Congress needs is a People who demand decency. Half the country doesn't have that right now.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

Chris Murthy’s “What are We Doing” speech seems pretty close

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
What this current Congress needs is a People who demand decency. Half the country doesn't have that right now.
I was wondering what the current demographics look like compared to previous times. I was watching Kenneth Clark on "Civilization" circa 1969. He was addressing when civilizations failed and fell.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I was wondering what the current demographics look like compared to previous times. I was watching Kenneth Clark on "Civilization" circa 1969. He was addressing when civilizations failed and fell.
One of my former HS classmates has his Ph.D. in Workplace Social Behavior but has now since branched out his academic expertise into cultural studies/behavior within societies. He claims there is a "tipping point" in which cultural diversity within a society goes from being a benefit to being what makes it crumble. Granted, I am not qualified to even begin to summarize why he thinks that, or the data and references he believes supports his opinion. But according to him, that is what is happening to America.

And as an aside, he no longer is a citizen of the United States and now lives in the United Kingdom as a citizen. He has been there almost 15 years now.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Ironically, the other half is demanding decency. Thier version of course.

I couldn't find the lyrics for this song online.

A large portion of those not demanding decency don't even know what it is.

Another large portion just doesn't care because (insert excuse).

This reminds me of the difference between old school racists who were true believers and those who exploited racism for personal gain while supposedly not truly believing in it (like George Wallace).

It didn't matter which was which because the effect of their actions was the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.