TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Diogenes

3rd Team
Jul 7, 2021
absolutely. They are going after all the false electors, I'm sure they are sweating in GA, Wisconsin, Arizona right now.
Brandon Beach, a Georgia state senator from Woodstock, has some explaining to do.

Republican State Sen. Brandon Beach, who allegedly acted as a middleman between the Trump campaign and the fake electors, also reportedly received a letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: MobtownK and 92tide

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Every account I've seen so far talks about these records in cardboard boxes in the basement.... & I cannot stop thinking about this aspect.

National security risk aside...

This is South Florida we're talking about... The risk of keeping any important documents in cardboard boxes... Mold & mildew. Not to mention in the basement? Who the hell has basements in Florida? I am going to assume that it would be climate controlled - but a cardboard box isn't safe for documents - it leaves them too open to elements and bugs. Not to mention - a basement? I know it's been a while since a hurricane has hit Palm Beach - but it's something I consider all the time, even being 20 miles inland. A basement floods & is subject to surge & isn't safe for documents.

When you are evacuating for safety - there's a narrow time frame - boxes of documents usually isn't on the list.
You are spot on. We ain't got no danged basements down here! I'm in West Palm which is across the bridge from Mar a Lago in Palm Beach. Palm Beach certainly can't build with basements.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Brandon Beach, a Georgia state senator from Woodstock, has some explaining to do.

Republican State Sen. Brandon Beach, who allegedly acted as a middleman between the Trump campaign and the fake electors, also reportedly received a letter.
He lives around me somewhere close by, so does Marjorie Greene for that matter.

Reactions: 92tide

Diogenes

3rd Team
Jul 7, 2021
Who is Scott Perry, Trump ally and lawmaker whose phone was seized by FBI?

After the FBI seized the cellphone of Rep. Scott Perry, a Republican congressman from Pennsylvania who boosted former president Donald Trump?s baseless election fraud claims, all eyes are on the latest Trump ally to face scrutiny by federal law enforcement.

Perry?s cellphone was seized Tuesday as part of the Justice Department?s criminal investigation into the use of fake electors to try to overturn President Biden?s victory, according to a person familiar with the probe, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the phone seizure.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ar-a-lago-raid

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You are spot on. We ain't got no danged basements down here! I'm in West Palm which is across the bridge from Mar a Lago in Palm Beach. Palm Beach certainly can't build with basements.
Thanks for saving my sanity. My deceased SIL was a Coral Gables native. She told me you only had to dig down a few feet before hitting water. When I read the original account, I thought "basement??" In my experience anything down there in non-climate control mildews, including your shoes in the closet...

Reactions: PaulD and MobtownK

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

The FBI search of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence on Monday was prompted by a tip to investigators about the possibility of additional classified documents at the Palm Beach club, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

CNN previously reported that investigators from the FBI and the DOJ met with Trump attorneys at Mar-a-Lago in June, seeking more information about classified material that had been taken to Florida after Trump departed the White House. Following that meeting, where investigators looked around the room where the documents were being stored, the Wall Street Journal reports that “someone familiar with the stored papers told investigators there may be still more classified documents at the private club” beyond what Trump turned over to the National Archives earlier this year.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I’m assuming the missing documents and the fake electors are two separate issues but that the Feds are getting serious about bringing both matters to a head.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I grew up in Cocoa Beach, which is on a barrier island (essentially a very big sandbar). I suspect if you tried to put a basement in, you'd have a swimming pool instead.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I grew up in Cocoa Beach, which is on a barrier island (essentially a very big sandbar). I suspect if you tried to put a basement in, you'd have a swimming pool instead.
my uncle lived in the house across the street from Mar A Lago, beach-side in the 80's. There are no basements, I played in that house as a kid.

And no he wasn't mega wealthy, he was the butler/valet

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm reading the book "I Alone Can Fix It: Donald Trump's Catastrophic Last Year" by two WaPo reporters (this after reading Karl's book "Betrayal").

In fact, I'm up to chapter 21, which is titled "Insurrection" (it was January 5 when I finished the last chapter this morning).

But there was a whole chapter of that period in between Election Day and Insurrection Day where a boatload of stuff was happening, so much that even my stellar memory is like "wait, I don't recall that". But one that I never had heard before concerned when Trump was trying to get Pence to overturn the electors and telling him he could do it. I think - not clear - but I think it was Lindsey Graham who appealed to Al Gore, pointing out basically, "Look, if this was legal, don't you think he would have done this?"

Trump, never short of arrogance or of thinking he invented things first, said, "It never occurred to him. He wasn't smart enough to think of that." To which Graham basically mumbled, "Okay", knowing this was nuts.

Seriously, he's the Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor misquoting Wilson's New Age wisdom and thinking it makes him smart.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Why is everyone focusing on the word "basement"? Magic Kingdom has a basement of sorts. Disney wanted a tunnel system under the park but, of course, the water table prevents building underground, They built the tunnel system at ground level and built up the ground around it so that it appears to be "underground". The park was then built on top, basically the second level. Maybe they did something like this at Mar A Lago?

I think people are getting hung up on the semantics of the word basement. I think the article just mean they found the stuff stored in a lower level of the home.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
There's a LOT to unpack from the last couple of days. Law enforcement is under a microscope again, but this time from the perspective of the right. People are bringing up Ashley Babbit [sp?] to go along with what they perceive to be a political action by the FBI. Ruby Ridge and Waco are making the rounds again; that train is never late. To me, the single most interesting thing about all of this is how people on the right are complaining about the potential for "profiling" by the DOJ while black folks are face-palming and saying, "See?! We've been trying to tell you this!!" And this brings up a good question: will people on the right start listening to them now? My guts tells me not to hold my breath.

Reactions: Jon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.