Trump supporters break into the capitol II

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I try to understand my friends, and she truly believes that the election was rigged/stolen. If I truly believed that, I would protest. That is what I meant. But, yeah, she is cray, cray.
IOW, she is so delusional that she believes protesting democracy and the rule of law is a good thing.

Forgive me for for engaging in a bit of logomachy, but words and ideas really matter right now.

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide and UAH

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IOW, she is so delusional that she believes protesting democracy and the rule of law is a good thing.
You seem to be missing the point. In her mind she is protesting in favor of democracy. In her mind, it is the democrats who are committing a coup. We don't agree with her, but that does not change her frame of mind or her intention.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
You seem to be missing the point. In her mind she is protesting in favor of democracy. In her mind, it is the democrats who are committing a coup. We don't agree with her, but that does not change her frame of mind or her intention.
hopefully a few years in prison with a decent prison library and no access to parlor she will learn the actual difference

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Many are comparing the riots of the summer to the insurrection at the Capitol a few days ago. There are similarities, but only those who are having difficulty thinking critically can't tell the differences.
There's a vast difference between 1. protesting centuries of injustice and committing sedition in furtherance of the lie there was election fraud because your dictator wannabe lost 2. rage from centuries of oppression spilling out and on occasion being lit by racist agitators vs imagined oppression because your preferred guy lost and that your preferred religion can't oppress all others 3. a riot and a rebellion/insurrection - we had an insurrection a few days ago, not a riot 4. raging in a city (not necessarily against that city) and raging against the democratic process by overtaking the seat of government and preventing its elected officials from doing their constitutionally required jobs and doing it exactly to interrupt the democratic process.
The riots over the summer and the Trump Insurrection incited by the sitting president are similar only at the most superficial level.
whattabout is a hell of a drug for a lot of folks. it is at least part of the reason we are at this place today.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
hopefully a few years in prison with a decent prison library and no access to parlor she will learn the actual difference
If you think that she belongs in prison then you either did not read all of the posts, or you are as bad as these people.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
William Ainsworth
When Sillicon Valley has the ability to silence the President of the United States, it has too much power and must be reined in immediately. It is nothing short of a technological coup against our democratic republic. If liberal billionaires can silence President Trump, they can silence any one of us, as well.

So, Bill, you are not OK with a private company exercising its first amendment rights but you ARE OK with the Trump Insurrection that is directly undermining the democratic republic you pretend to care about. Got it!

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
I try to understand my friends, and she truly believes that the election was rigged/stolen. If I truly believed that, I would protest. That is what I meant. But, yeah, she is cray, cray.
well if you figure out a way to tell her she is cray, cray without loosing her friendship please let me know because i have several trumper friends/maybe not much longer that i want to tell they are cray, cray without loosing their friendship. keeping my mouth shut would probably do it but that really doesn't help them get over their delusions.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
If you think that she belongs in prison then you either did not read all of the posts, or you are as bad as these people.
maybe I missed it, was she trespassing illegally on federal property during a riot? If so, yeah prison. I think everyone that made it in the building should be charged with the murder of the cop and the assaults on more than a dozen others. I'd love to see it RICO'ed and wrap Trump, Guliani, Hawley, Cruz, Gaetz and a couple dozen others in as conspirators too

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
well if you figure out a way to tell her she is cray, cray without loosing her friendship please let me know because i have several trumper friends/maybe not much longer that i want to tell they are cray, cray without loosing their friendship. keeping my mouth shut would probably do it but that really doesn't help them get over their delusions.
My wife is a sweetheart and is able to let her rant without getting upset. But understand that almost everyone in my family and my wife's family voted for trump in 2016, and many of them again in 2020. To preserve our family relationships, we had to just disengage.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
maybe I missed it, was she trespassing illegally on federal property during a riot? If so, yeah prison. I think everyone that made it in the building should be charged with the murder of the cop and the assaults on more than a dozen others. I'd love to see it RICO'ed and wrap Trump, Guliani, Hawley, Cruz, Gaetz and a couple dozen others in as conspirators too
this was a failed coup. the consequences should reflect that reality.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No, she did not. She never approached the building and left when she saw what was happening. She said that most people who were there started to walk away when they realized what was going down.

ETA - But to show how cray, cray she is, she is now completely convinced that it was Antifa that took over the building. Yeah, even after seeing the pictures, she believes that crap. You just can't help people who don't want to be helped.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.