Trump supporters break into the capitol II

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Or should I have called the thread “Antifa posers break into the capitol?

Tonight, Don Lemon interviewed a journalist who was in the Capitol during the invasion. The journalist said the guy in the House chamber with all the zip ties got them out of a storage closet, so the zip tie guy didn't bring them to the Capitol with the premeditated notion of using the zip ties to restrain people. Who knows what his intentions were after he got the ties out of the closet.

It may mean nothing, but I thought it was worth pointing out.
This was GoBama’s post in the old thread. How did this guy know there were zip ties in the closet?

NationalTitles17 (hope he changes his name soon) posted a story about the guy hanging from the door that calls himself Captain Moroni. Take off one letter and he has it right.

ETA: Old thread here: https://www.tidefans.com/forums/thr...-capitol-building.321599/page-26#post-3679483
-NT17 (not gonna jinx it)

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: UAH and TexasBama

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Maryland Governor Says Pentagon ‘Repeatedly Denied’ Approval To Send National Guard To Capitol
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said Thursday that the Department of Defense “repeatedly denied” to authorize deployment of Maryland’s National Guard troops to help quell violence at the Capitol on Wednesday.
KEY FACTS
Hogan said during a press conference that he convened an emergency meeting of his “unified command team” when he was informed of a mob of Trump supporters descending on the Capitol as lawmakers attempted to certify President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

Hogan says he mobilized 200 “specially trained” state troopers and instructed Maj. Gen. Timothy Gowen, the general of the Maryland National Guard, to mobilize his troops.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer called Hogan from an “undisclosed bunker” and were “pleading” with him for assistance from his state and national forces, the governor said.

However, Hogan, who requires the Department of Defense’s authority to mobilize his National Guard troops, said he was “repeatedly denied” approval to do so from the Pentagon despite being “ready, willing and able” to assist.

Hogan said he had a “back and forth trying to get that authorization” and that, about an hour and a half later, Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy gave approval to send his troops to Washington, D.C.
Forbes has reached out to the Department of Defense for comment.
Maryland Governor Says Pentagon ‘Repeatedly Denied’ Approval To Send National Guard To Capitol (forbes.com)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
GOP Sen. Josh Hawley was isolated 'in a corner' of a secure room 'with no one talking to him or acknowledging him' during Capitol siege: WSJ
  • When far-right rioters breached the Capitol during the Electoral College certification on Wednesday, numerous lawmakers were rushed into a secure room to escape the unfolding mayhem.
  • One of those lawmakers was Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri, the leader of the Senate GOP challenge to President-elect Joe Biden's victory, who found himself being shunned by his colleagues during the incredibly volatile situation, according to The Wall Street Journal.
  • "It was extremely striking," an individual recalled to the Journal. "For most of the time, he was in a corner of the room by himself with no one talking to him or acknowledging him."
GOP Sen. Josh Hawley was isolated 'in a corner' of a secure room 'with no one talking to him or acknowledging him' during Capitol siege: WSJ (msn.com)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Charles Manson never directly ordered the murders his followers committed, but he was nevertheless guilty of conspiracy to commit murder. Words have meaning. They have real world consequences. You are not free to incite rebellion, sedition, and insurrection. Trump, Cruz, Mo Brooks, Giuliani, Don Jr, and the others that incited this insurrection that resulted in multiple deaths and the very real and very near collapse of our government must be brought to justice and they must never be allowed to hold an office of public trust after being removed for the ones that currently hold office. This is not an academic exercise. It is not political retribution. It is absolutely necessary to preserve our constitutional representative democracy. There must never be another Trump Insurrection.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
The thing that we really did not fully appreciate, and may not still - is that Trump DID expand his base over the past four years. He used twitter to recruit the racists and other extremists into his fold instead of pulling in folks from the other direction. He catered to the extremists instead of the moderates and gained an even more rabid base as a result.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Or should I have called the thread “Antifa posers brisk into the capitol?

This was GoBama’s post in the old thread. How did this guy know there were zip ties in the closet?

NationalTitles17 (hope he changes his name soon) posted a story about the guy hanging from the door that calls himself Captain Moroni. Take off one letter and he has it right.

ETA: Old thread here: https://www.tidefans.com/forums/thr...-capitol-building.321599/page-26#post-3679483
-NT17 (not gonna jinx it)

Moroni is a big name in the LDS faith, both the Angel that "revealed" everything to Joe Smith and the Captain. It's one of those forehead smacking moments for people like me that read into the founding of faiths.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Many are comparing the riots of the summer to the insurrection at the Capitol a few days ago. There are similarities, but only those who are having difficulty thinking critically can't tell the differences.
There's a vast difference between 1. protesting centuries of injustice and committing sedition in furtherance of the lie there was election fraud because your dictator wannabe lost 2. rage from centuries of oppression spilling out and on occasion being lit by racist agitators vs imagined oppression because your preferred guy lost and that your preferred religion can't oppress all others 3. a riot and a rebellion/insurrection - we had an insurrection a few days ago, not a riot 4. raging in a city (not necessarily against that city) and raging against the democratic process by overtaking the seat of government and preventing its elected officials from doing their constitutionally required jobs and doing it exactly to interrupt the democratic process.
The riots over the summer and the Trump Insurrection incited by the sitting president are similar only at the most superficial level.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
  • Wow
Reactions: 92tide and UAH

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Many are comparing the riots of the summer to the insurrection at the Capitol a few days ago. There are similarities, but only those who are having difficulty thinking critically can't tell the differences.
There's a vast difference between 1. protesting centuries of injustice and committing sedition in furtherance of the lie there was election fraud because your dictator wannabe lost 2. rage from centuries of oppression spilling out and on occasion being lit by racist agitators vs imagined oppression because your preferred guy lost and that your preferred religion can't oppress all others 3. a riot and a rebellion/insurrection - we had an insurrection a few days ago, not a riot 4. raging in a city (not necessarily against that city) and raging against the democratic process by overtaking the seat of government and preventing its elected officials from doing their constitutionally required jobs and doing it exactly to interrupt the democratic process.
The riots over the summer and the Trump Insurrection incited by the sitting president are similar only at the most superficial level.
I thought it was wrong for people to burn businesses and loot.

I have no problem with people who stood outside of the capitol and chanted “Stop the steal”. That is peaceful protest.

I also had no problem with people peacefully protesting outside the White House last summer. But apparently someone else did as they got tear gassed so Trump could wave a Bible in front of a church.

Reactions: UAH and B1GTide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I thought it was wrong for people to burn businesses and loot.

I have no problem with people who stood outside of the capitol and chanted “Stop the steal”. That is peaceful protest.

I also had no problem with people peacefully protesting outside the White House last summer. But apparently someone else did as they got tear gassed so Trump could wave a Bible in front of a church.
Too bad the trump idiots were not peaceful or protesting.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Too bad the trump idiots were not peaceful or protesting.
Nobody outside the building was shot or suffered any injuries that ended their life. Only the lawbreakers died. I put the blame on their deaths on Trump, Brooks, and friends. But the dead ones bear responsibility for going to Washington to begin with and then entering the building illegally.

Reactions: seebell and UAH

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Nobody outside the building was shot or suffered any injuries that ended their life. Only the lawbreakers died. I put the blame on their deaths on Trump, Brooks, and friends. But the dead ones bear responsibility for going to Washington to begin with and then entering the building illegally.
I am willing to differentiate between the idiots who simply protested against democracy and the rule of law vs those who actually took part in the attempted coup even though those on the right by and large did not see a difference between protestors and rioters.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am willing to differentiate between the idiots who simply protested against democracy and the rule of law vs those who actually took part in the attempted coup even though those on the right by and large did not see a difference between protestors and rioters.
Agreed - We have a close friend who was there, had no idea that any of the crazy stuff was going to happen, did not approach the building and left as soon as the crazy started because she wanted nothing to do with it. She went there for the right reasons (though I disagree with them), and I fully support her right to protest. I am just glad that she was far enough away that she didn't get caught up in the crazy, because mob mentality can take over and you can lose your judgement in those situations. Given her questionable state of mind (she still supports trump), she could easily have been swept up in it.

Reactions: seebell

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Agreed - We have a close friend who was there, had no idea that any of the crazy stuff was going to happen, did not approach the building and left as soon as the crazy started because she wanted nothing to do with it. She went there for the right reasons (though I disagree with them), and I fully support her right to protest. I am just glad that she was far enough away that she didn't get caught up in the crazy, because mob mentality can take over and you can lose your judgement in those situations. Given her questionable state of mind (she still supports trump), she could easily have been swept up in it.
I agree she has a right to peacefully protest, but I would not go so far as to call protesting against democracy and the rule of law "the right reasons" - I do understand what you were intending to say.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree she has a right to peacefully protest, but I would not go so far as to call protesting against democracy and the rule of law "the right reasons" - I do understand what you were intending to say.
I try to understand my friends, and she truly believes that the election was rigged/stolen. If I truly believed that, I would protest. That is what I meant. But, yeah, she is cray, cray.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.