Trump vs. Barr dust-up...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Doesn't quite fit under the other threads. No one, who's come out openly critical of Trump, has lasted very long. Now what? What's Barr's longevity? Could there be a worse AG than Barr?

• Thank You
Reactions: NationalTitles18

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Moscow Mitch had a dust up like this with Trump, too, then he made sure that the cover-up was assured. Barr will bend to Trump's will or he will be replaced. We live in a different time.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The New York City bar goes after William Barr

The letter then calls for “Congress and the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General to begin immediate investigations into these unusual and troubling events.”
The state bar is the entity with the real muscle, as it has the power to discipline and ultimately to disbar members. But this is yet another flare sent up to the legal profession, Justice Department and courts that Trump’s conduct is intolerable and must be resisted.
If Barr is impervious to professional sanction, then perhaps this sort of statement will empower Barr’s subordinates to refuse his dictates and the courts to hold the line against political corruption of our legal system. You can expect former Justice Department employees, some who have individually spoken out, to make a joint showing of opposition to Barr’s actions and to support Justice Department staff members who choose to defy his political orders.

Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If Barr were disbarred, could he still be AG? Is there a rule you must be a lawyer to be the AG?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've read several different takes on what happened here...Digby speculates that Barr has shown more independence from Trump than he should have...telling him not to tweet or comment on ongoing criminal cases...and might well wind up investigating/prosecuting some of Trump's enemies to get back in good graces.

Meanwhile, nomoremisterniceblog points out "The deplorables think Barr isn't partisan enough."

You'd think these people would be happy with the way things are going in America -- Trump is unleashed and he has a good shot at reelection. Impeachment was defeated. Democrats seem frantic.

Yet they're unhappy. They're always unhappy -- aggrieved has been the right's default mode for years -- but they're especially unhappy now, because they've been sold a narrative of unpunished liberal/"deep state" criminality and they won't believe they live in a just country until every subject of a Fox prime time Two Minutes' Hate has been sent to prison. They almost seem angrier about fake crimes than we are about real ones.
The above link is worth clicking to see the pic they use to belittle Barr, blowing a bagpipe. They even call him Bagpipe Barr.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Breaking news!
I have to admit, I am greatly confused by this post.

Initially I figured you were posting it because it was a good example of what happens to those in the government who go against King Trump. But then I realized you must surely know that this whole thing is a sham orchestrated to make Barr appear to have some semblance of integrity and independence. So then this likely had to be posted as an example of your favorite topic, incompetence and stupidity of the media.

It eventually led me into a tailspin because I realized the only thing I knew was this had to be posted to in some way support Trump, but due to my lack of 4d chess skills I realized I was ill equipped to understand.

I concede, you as a Trump supporter have shown me a new tactic that the Trump regime can utilize to short circuit the logic oriented areas of my brain and make it shut down. What is the 4d equivalent term of check-mate?

• Haha
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I have to admit, I am greatly confused by this post.

Initially I figured you were posting it because it was a good example of what happens to those in the government who go against King Trump. But then I realized you must surely know that this whole thing is a sham orchestrated to make Barr appear to have some semblance of integrity and independence. So then this likely had to be posted as an example of your favorite topic, incompetence and stupidity of the media.

It eventually led me into a tailspin because I realized the only thing I knew was this had to be posted to in some way support Trump, but due to my lack of 4d chess skills I realized I was ill equipped to understand.

I concede, you as a Trump supporter have shown me a new tactic that the Trump regime can utilize to short circuit the logic oriented areas of my brain and make it shut down. What is the 4d equivalent term of check-mate?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.