Trump's cognition test...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What's funny to some of us is that I'm old enough to remember when then candidate Ronald Reagan said that if rumors arose about "an old coot" around the White House, he was willing to take a senility test. This inspired Georgia comedian Lewis Grizzard to say, "Of course he will - if he can find it."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Especially if you say that the last five questions are hard and doubt the interviewer could pass it. ugh.
Im just wondering if it is true that Daddy Murdoch truly hates Trump. Because it’s odd that it was Wallace who did that interview. Unless they were preparing for opposition questioning it is totally bizarre that Fox sent their un indoctrinated bull dog to interview the most vulnerable republican president since Ford.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Basically, I see Trump's entire argument for re-election is him saying this:

1) Biden botched the swine flu response and thousands died.

I mean, no comment is even necessary here.

2) Biden is incoherent.

Biden HAS always been a bit of a gaffe machine, that's true. But that was true 34 years ago, too, so this hardly shows he's had a decline in mental health.

Maybe Chris Wallace should have asked Trump if he thinks that Biden thinks the Revolutionary War soldiers seized airports........

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Last year, when I turned 65, my doctor gave me a required once-over to get on Medicare. They had a list of stuff for him to do. I remember taking this test where part of it was answering questions from the nurse, and some of it was written. Draw a picture of a clock that reads ten 'til eleven... which is the camel in this group of animals, etc...

I asked the nurse, "Is this a joke?" She told me, "you might think these are childish, simplistic questions. Trust me, the day will come, when you are proud of being able to answer them. We want to be there for you and aware of your condition when that day gets here."

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Im just wondering if it is true that Daddy Murdoch truly hates Trump. Because it’s odd that it was Wallace who did that interview. Unless they were preparing for opposition questioning it is totally bizarre that Fox sent their un indoctrinated bull dog to interview the most vulnerable republican president since Ford.
I agree it was a surprisingly tough interview but then again, not a single question as to why he has been silent on Putin putting a bounty on our troops.

But my Lord, how can he be unaware enough to not realize how nuts he looks to be to be so proud of passing this test? Completely out to lunch.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Last year, when I turned 65, my doctor gave me a required once-over to get on Medicare. They had a list of stuff for him to do. I remember taking this test where part of it was answering questions from the nurse, and some of it was written. Draw a picture of a clock that reads ten 'til eleven... which is the camel in this group of animals, etc...

I asked the nurse, "Is this a joke?" She told me, "you might think these are childish, simplistic questions. Trust me, the day will come, when you are proud of being able to answer them. We want to be there for you and aware of your condition when that day gets here."
This reminds me of one of Lewis Grizzard's old stories (I believe it was in his book, "If I Ever Get Back to Georgia").

He went in and applied to work at a bank. They told him before the interview that he was going to have to take a test. He did. It basically said, "Match the column on the right with the one on the left." He noted that you'd look on the left and see "314" and then see it on the right and match them. His immediate thought was, "Gee, I shouldn't have wasted any time with calculus; I could've done this when I was four years old and playing with blocks." He goes in for the interview, and the bank manager says, "Congratulations, you aced the test."

Grizzard said his immediate thought was, "You mean you have people who come in here who DON'T?"

That being said - they're telling you straight. After my Dad had his three strokes on Father's Day four years ago - it's been a challenge with his cognitive deficits.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
This reminds me of one of Lewis Grizzard's old stories (I believe it was in his book, "If I Ever Get Back to Georgia").

He went in and applied to work at a bank. They told him before the interview that he was going to have to take a test. He did. It basically said, "Match the column on the right with the one on the left." He noted that you'd look on the left and see "314" and then see it on the right and match them. His immediate thought was, "Gee, I shouldn't have wasted any time with calculus; I could've done this when I was four years old and playing with blocks." He goes in for the interview, and the bank manager says, "Congratulations, you aced the test."

Grizzard said his immediate thought was, "You mean you have people who come in here who DON'T?"

That being said - they're telling you straight. After my Dad had his three strokes on Father's Day four years ago - it's been a challenge with his cognitive deficits.
I understand. I helped my sister with her brilliant husband as he had Alzheimer's take over. He was a retired Delta pilot who moonlighted as a lawyer. Watching the decline up close for several years will make an impression.

Alzheimer's, as I'm sure you know, can be especially cruel. After having Nixon roaming the halls at the White House in the middle of the night taking to portraits of dead Presidents...and then Reagan's decline...
I had hoped we had seen the last of doddering old fools with the nuclear code.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I understand. I helped my sister with her brilliant husband as he had Alzheimer's take over. He was a retired Delta pilot who moonlighted as a lawyer. Watching the decline up close for several years will make an impression.

Alzheimer's, as I'm sure you know, can be especially cruel. After having Nixon roaming the halls at the White House in the middle of the night taking to portraits of dead Presidents...and then Reagan's decline...
I had hoped we had seen the last of doddering old fools with the nuclear code.
Well, as a doddering old fool, I'd trust me with the nuclear code over Trump, any day. I would never consider using a nuke against a hurricane... :rolleyes:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I still say the most striking thing about Trump's response was his raving about how surprised the doctors were that he could do it. It would scare the crap out of me, if my doctors reacted that way...

Yeah, it sounded like when parents are looking down in the crib glad their baby "made poo poo!"

Reactions: UAH

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.