Trump's cognition test...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Well, as a doddering old fool, I'd trust me with the nuclear code over Trump, any day. I would never consider using a nuke against a hurricane... :rolleyes:
Good to know. :)

I had in mind a mental decline rather than an advanced age as a qualifier for being a doddering old fool...:)

Instead of nuking hurricanes, maybe we could just deport them.

Reactions: seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Memory and cognitive decline is inevitable. While it differs from one person to another, it happens to everyone. However, a willingness to recognize that decline in yourself requires a desire to see and improve personal weakness. Anyone here think trump fits into that mold?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Memory and cognitive decline is inevitable. While it differs from one person to another, it happens to everyone. However, a willingness to recognize that decline in yourself requires a desire to see and improve personal weakness. Anyone here think trump fits into that mold?
My wife tells me I've lost several percent. I tell her it's the 25 times or so I've been put under general anesthesia. :)

Reactions: UAH and B1GTide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My wife tells me I've lost several percent. I tell her it's the 25 times or so I've been put under general anesthesia. :)
All in all, if this is what reaching 80 feels like, mentally, I'm OK with it. Physically, I'm not majorly handicapped, so that's also OK. As an attorney, there's a continuing cognitive test which is administered by the public, if you're still practicing. People don't ask you questions any more. :) What I get is "You can't retire"...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
All in all, if this is what reaching 80 feels like, mentally, I'm OK with it. Physically, I'm not majorly handicapped, so that's also OK. As an attorney, there's a continuing cognitive test which is administered by the public, if you're still practicing. People don't ask you questions any more. :) What I get is "You can't retire"...
I'm approaching 70 (December) and have a father (dead) and a sister (living -- retired physician) who both had/have Alzheimer's disease. As a result I have had a brain mri -- only some aging, no signs of dementia -- and am in an ongoing brain/dementia study where I take these tests every 3 months. My scores are good and have not changed much in 2 years...however, I can tell you that if I am tired I do not do as well. I can tell a difference...I am sure that DJT, even if he doesn't have Alzheimer's disease, is still concerned about his memory...or someone close to him is.

I intend to hang up the preaching spikes soon...nothing worse than an old preacher telling old stories...usually to an older audience!!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm approaching 70 (December) and have a father (dead) and a sister (living -- retired physician) who both had/have Alzheimer's disease. As a result I have had a brain mri -- only some aging, no signs of dementia -- and am in an ongoing brain/dementia study where I take these tests every 3 months. My scores are good and have not changed much in 2 years...however, I can tell you that if I am tired I do not do as well. I can tell a difference...I am sure that DJT, even if he doesn't have Alzheimer's disease, is still concerned about his memory...or someone close to him is.

I intend to hang up the preaching spikes soon...nothing worse than an old preacher telling old stories...usually to an older audience!!
My favorite preacher was an older guy who told the same stories over and over.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The family always knows first. I had a particularly bad incident this past week, when a client in a memory unit had to be transferred out to physical rehab after a bad fall. When moved back to the memory unit, the attending decided to take him off all meds and start over. He went berserk and is now in a locked unit over in the Shoals (closest bed). It's just rough on everybody, but especially the family...

Reactions: MobtownK

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Me too, except his heart issues were so bad he only made it to 64...
Sounds like my preacher. He had a lot of health problems. He had a stroke in the pulpit one Sunday. He retired but went back part time at a small church. He died of a heart attack. Not quite sure how old he was but was probably around 64.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Sounds like my preacher. He had a lot of health problems. He had a stroke in the pulpit one Sunday. He retired but went back part time at a small church. He died of a heart attack. Not quite sure how old he was but was probably around 64.
Most preachers do not take good care of themselves...I walk at least 5x per week...and worked out at a gym until covid. Now, if I could just give up ice cream...

Reactions: seebell and B1GTide

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
The family always knows first. I had a particularly bad incident this past week, when a client in a memory unit had to be transferred out to physical rehab after a bad fall. When moved back to the memory unit, the attending decided to take him off all meds and start over. He went berserk and is now in a locked unit over in the Shoals (closest bed). It's just rough on everybody, but especially the family...
Yes, families do know first...but they can be in denial about the depth...sometimes families wait too late...my mother did this with my Dad...when we finally moved him from his home to a retirement unit he had a psychological "break" like you mentioned and had to go to lock down for a few days. He lived 9 months after that incident -- died at 77 in otherwise perfect health.

In my last church I dealt with over 125 families dealing with someone with Dementia. Sad...really heart-breaking sad.

• Sad
Reactions: seebell

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I just watched part of his COVID briefing. His reading of prepared statements reminds me of listening to the slow kid in fifth grade trying to read aloud.

"Baseball is the.....nay.....nay....nation...ul (teacher: NASH-onal)...NATional.....pastime. It was invented in 1845 by Alexander Cartwright, a member of the New York Kuh.....kuh.....kuh-nick-er (teacher: KNICKERbocker)....Knickberbocker Baseball Club.

Teacher? Was he related to the Cartwrights on 'Bonanza?'

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes, families do know first...but they can be in denial about the depth...sometimes families wait too late...my mother did this with my Dad...when we finally moved him from his home to a retirement unit he had a psychological "break" like you mentioned and had to go to lock down for a few days. He lived 9 months after that incident -- died at 77 in otherwise perfect health.

In my last church I dealt with over 125 families dealing with someone with Dementia. Sad...really heart-breaking sad.
I'm getting near the end of handling an estate of a lady from an old Huntsville family. She lived to 102. She was declared NCM 17 years before her death but was really incompetent long before that. Most unusual case I know of...

• Wow
Reactions: Padreruf

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm getting near the end of handling an estate of a lady from an old Huntsville family. She lived to 102. She was declared NCM 17 years before her death but was really incompetent long before that. Most unusual case I know of...
What is NCM?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.