Bama Game Thread: Tua Announcment - Watch Live & Discuss (11am CT)

Prior to the announcement: He stays / He goes?

• He stays

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • He goes

Votes: 59 74.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would give a month's salary if they got up there and Coach Saban says "thank you everyone for coming out. Tua has been off his feet most of the past 2 months so he's got a lot of ukulele practice in and has a few new songs he wants to share with us. Tua, take it away." And then just have him start playing in front of a stunned media audience.

Alas, I'm sure he's going to tell us all thanks for the memories. Roll Tide either way.

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Selfishly, I'd love for him to stay, but we can't be upset if he leaves. He's proven himself worthy, and will always hold a special place in Bama history. I think Mac has shown that he is capable of leading a championship caliber team, so we will be in good hands there. If someone is good enough to beat him for the job, then they are truly special, so that makes it even better. I know we all love Tua, and would love to see him in Crimson for one more season, but Bama will be fine, either way. We should all support whatever decision he makes. The kid deserves that from us.

bamatex55

Dec 11, 2019
First post in a long time. As much as I would like for Tua to stay, I think he is gone. His talent, skill and leadership are the stuff of legends. His time at the capstone has been sadly brief , but we are better as his attitude dealing with injuries have been an inspiration to us all. Full season championship no, H trophy no. Another legend in Crimson tide lore? YES

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Very proud of Tua and support his decision either way 100%. Just hope Lia stays as that kid can play.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Very proud of Tua and support his decision either way 100%. Just hope Lia stays as that kid can play.
I sort of doubt that he does. He's not really made enough noise to replace Jones yet, much less stave off Young. Then there's the predilection for close Polynesian families to stick together. In addition, there's just enough flame behind all the smoke in this particular case to suggest that outcome. Given the way families think and QBs act these days, we're almost certain to lose someone. IMO, that's going to be Lia...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Some UGA fans think Fromm is waiting to decide based on what Tua does....

If he goes pro, Fromm stays.....if he stays, Fromm goes....

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I’m thinking that the doctor’s appointment was the main factor in his decision. It hinged on the progress and prognosis for full recovery. By all accounts that seems to have gone as well as it possibly could. This is why I think he’ll declare for the draft.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I sort of doubt that he does. He's not really made enough noise to replace Jones yet, much less stave off Young. Then there's the predilection for close Polynesian families to stick together. In addition, there's just enough flame behind all the smoke in this particular case to suggest that outcome. Given the way families think and QBs act these days, we're almost certain to lose someone. IMO, that's going to be Lia...
and honestly, knowing their culture, I cannot blame him and I certainly don’t hold it against him. I will wish him nothing but the best regardless.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.