Link: Tua discusses leaving early or staying.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
https://www.espn.com/

Head on down to the video with Tua discussing the pros and cons of staying or going and you tell me which way it looks like he’s leaning.......[emoji15]

I believe it may be on the Alabama specific page, or college football main page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Tua Tagovailoa evaluates the risk/reward of entering the NFL draf

Great minds, please combine.

He wants to be the first guy taken.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
He was pretty candid and sounds like he is thinking through this decision in a level-headed way. I think at the end of the day he will still enter the draft, but it is interesting that he seems to think the greater risk is entering the draft this year and failing to the end of the 1st or beginning of the 2nd. I'm no NFL GM, but I would be surprised if he's drafted in the first 24 picks he mentioned.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I would also wonder if he’s thinking about which team would get this year vs next. Again, I’ll say that him falling mid first round may cost him money immediately but if he goes to an established team with a good organization, he may be better off in the long run.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
If Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith all go to the NFL and Waddle is the only reliable go to guy we have at WR next season then Tua may not be able to put up the kind of stats he'd like in order to move up in the 2021 draft. I think he will go to the NFL, especially if the named WR's go.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Help me out here, even if he comes back , he will not play, this at least a one year rehab. now, if he wants to come back and does his rehab at bama with his team, that's cool. No problem. But he is done at bama, i say look at the nfl projection and make a good decision from there.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would also wonder if he’s thinking about which team would get this year vs next. Again, I’ll say that him falling mid first round may cost him money immediately but if he goes to an established team with a good organization, he may be better off in the long run.
Maybe - if he stays healthy. With his injury history, would you bet on a second contract?

Kyler Murray. He got a lifetime of money in his first contract. No matter what happens, he and his family are set. If he gets injured or washes out tomorrow - set for life.

1st pick - $23.6MM guaranteed. Another $12MM just for making the roster over the next 4 years.
15th pick - $8.8MM guaranteed. Another $6MM for staying on the roster.

Difference - $15MM in guaranteed money.

Thing about the NFL - if it isn't guaranteed, it doesn't exist. Every penny not guaranteed could be gone in an instant. That is what Tua is thinking about.

If he stays at Alabama, Alabama would have to buy him 2 huge insurance policies - they would have to get the LOV policy this time, and they would have to pay for pretty high potential losses.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Simply a great young man. Think about it. Two weeks ago this young fellow had just had some pretty serious hip surgery. Today he sits there with a smile on his face, thinking logically about his future and, above all, a positive attitude about were life may take him.

How can you help but not love this guy?

Last edited:
Reactions: NCRollTider

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Help me out here, even if he comes back , he will not play, this at least a one year rehab. now, if wants to come back and does his rehab at bama with his team, that's cool. No problem. But he is done at bama, i say look at the nfl projection and make a good decision from there.
He is expected to be ready to play next year. He just won' be ready to work out at the combine.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
As of now, the draft boards are all over the place on Tua ... some of them have him as high as the first pick by Miami to dropping down to the bottom of the first round. Would love for him to come back but I don't see it being the case. Been wrong before tho.

On a side note, some of the boards/experts have Jalen going as high as the first round. He went from possibly being drafted as an "athletes" to one of the top QBs being drafted.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith all go to the NFL and Waddle is the only reliable go to guy we have at WR next season then Tua may not be able to put up the kind of stats he'd like in order to move up in the 2021 draft. I think he will go to the NFL, especially if the named WR's go.
If he comes back, I think at least one of the 3 comes back, too.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
simply a great young man. Think about it. Two weeks ago this young fellow had just had some pretty serious hip surgery. Today he sits there with a smile on his face, thinking logically about his future and, above all, a positive attitude about were life may take him.

How can you help but love this guy?
well said, i agree

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As of now, the draft boards are all over the place on Tua ... some of them have him as high as the first pick by Miami to dropping down to the bottom of the first round. Would love for him to come back but I don't see it being the case. Been wrong before tho.

On a side note, some of the boards/experts have Jalen going as high as the first round. He went from possibly being drafted as an "athletes" to one of the top QBs being drafted.
I would be less surprised if Jalen went totally undrafted than I would be if he went in the first round. I love Jalen, but I wouldn't want any of my NFL teams to use a draft pick on him on day 1 or 2.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I honestly don't think it will be too huge of a drop-off as some think with the WR corps. We'll have Waddle, Metchie, Bolden, Shavers and Bell-Jones if he sticks. Plus we have a good number of RBs that can catch as well. Saying that to say he or whomever will be QB next year will have some significant talent to throw to. I think him leaving or staying will be based on other factors.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
i feel you, a lot of the noise is based off what Lamar Jackson, Teddy Bridgwater and Kyler Murry has done this year. I wouldn't say he's near the passer that the above three are ... I think teams are hoping he's at least close enough and then pair in his ability to run the ball should make him a serviceable QB. Again, these are predictions, so in reality he may not even sniff the third round. If he does make it in the 1st or 2nd round, its a heck of a story for him.

Reactions: bamacon

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.