Link: Tua discusses leaving early or staying.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And this is why I don't believe an NFL team is going to use a top 15 to 20 pick on him. It's too important of a position to assume he's going to get back to elite ability.
What is usually misunderstood is that these guys like Kiper and Mcshay are using info from former scouts and former GMs and rarely using info on the people that are there now. Also they don’t take into account of each organization’s strategy. They usually plug a perceived need based on how they rate players.

Point is anyone putting Tua as a Top 15 pick is doing so based purely on his qb ranking and not because inside sources are indicating that someone is seriously looking at him in the top 15. I just find it hard to believe that he is a sure fire top 15 without going to combine.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Could Tua solidify his draft prospects if he returns and is brought along slowly like suggested above. Say Mac starts the season and Tua is reintroduced a little at a time to demonstrate abilities have not gone away, and show he can take a beating and by LSU time he is ready to start. I think Mac could make the adjustment and know that Young is going to take over the following season. Lia is not destined to be the starter and may transfer. But I'd rather have Young anyway. Like all of you, I'd sure like to see him in Crimson again.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Could Tua solidify his draft prospects if he returns and is brought along slowly like suggested above. Say Mac starts the season and Tua is reintroduced a little at a time to demonstrate abilities have not gone away, and show he can take a beating and by LSU time he is ready to start. I think Mac could make the adjustment and know that Young is going to take over the following season. Lia is not destined to be the starter and may transfer. But I'd rather have Young anyway. Like all of you, I'd sure like to see him in Crimson again.
That would be interesting if Tua did return. Let him play in the 4 big games like UGA (if physically ready), LSU, and Auburn, etc. Mac and Bryce could get most of the playing time otherwise, unless Taulia somehow emerges better than them. Then all would be ready for the SEC championship (let Kirby prepare for 3 QB) and beyond. LOL. :)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Does blue font not work anymore? comments about Tua coming back, but sitting out all but the big games has me curious? Players need snaps to get better and team chemistry. It would set a terrible example to the team.
It's all conjecture man. All of us coaches and sports medicine practicioners have too much time on our hands so psycho babble is fun and engaging. ;)

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Because next year for the Tide is all about proving to the NFL that Tua can play.

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
What is usually misunderstood is that these guys like Kiper and Mcshay are using info from former scouts and former GMs and rarely using info on the people that are there now. Also they don’t take into account of each organization’s strategy. They usually plug a perceived need based on how they rate players.

Point is anyone putting Tua as a Top 15 pick is doing so based purely on his qb ranking and not because inside sources are indicating that someone is seriously looking at him in the top 15. I just find it hard to believe that he is a sure fire top 15 without going to combine.
I remember one draft several years back when Kiper missed on all his early projections. He sat there and pouted as pick after pick was made which didn't agree with his opinions and making sarcastic remarks, criticizing the GMs who didn't agree with him... :)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I remember one draft several years back when Kiper missed on all his early projections. He sat there and pouted as pick after pick was made which didn't agree with his opinions and making sarcastic remarks, criticizing the GMs who didn't agree with him... :)
I think it might have been 2016. That was a weird draft that everyone was wrong. This board went crazy that night as well.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have wondered for years what idiot labeled him a "draft expert". Also, why espn continues to cater to his whiney petulant little tantrums when GMs and teams do not agree with his draft picks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.