Tua Tagovailoa misses Manning Passing Academy with minor injury

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
This is not welcome news. It does not bode well for this season, but even more for Tua's future in the NFL. The NFL scouts are watching.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I understand the concern, but last year showed us that Alabama is not going to win a championship just because you have Tua. If you have an elite defense this year, you will win it all, even if Tua is as limited as he was last year.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
This is not welcome news. It does not bode well for this season, but even more for Tua's future in the NFL. The NFL scouts are watching.
Setting aside Tua's appearing to be injury prone for a moment I believe there is a point where running the stadium and hitting the weight room every day has diminishing returns from an injury standpoint. With my very limited knowledge of bio-mechanics and nutrition I tend to believe that there are a number of open questions about the number and types of injuries that Alabama has experienced over the last several years.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is a slight hamstring injury so I am thinking we might be making a bigger deal out of this than it really is.
I don't think anyone is making a big deal out of this injury - we're just commenting on the quantity of injuries he's had compared to our other recent QBs. He's injured a lot, you cannot deny that. And while this injury may be mild, were I a betting man I'd put money on his being injured sometimes during the 2019 season rather this his going through the season uninjured, based on his time at Bama.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
This is a slight hamstring injury so I am thinking we might be making a bigger deal out of this than it really is.
It is not this incident, but the overall pattern that is worrisome. But BIGTide is right. It is defense that wins championships. Alabama has won several NCs with great defense and "game manager" QBs. If this year's defense is great, Bama will roll.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't recall injuries being a concern when he was a recruit. As injury prone as he has been, I would think he would have had some during high school.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I hate to see this type of injury news to any player. Sounds like it's minor and Tua should be at full strength to start the season.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This maybe just more reason to believe we will see a more run oriented offense this season with Sark. Shorten the game, pull back on the fast paced "run as many plays as we can" mentality and go back to more of a grind it out type approach.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I’m hoping the QB sweep is pulled from our playbook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This maybe just more reason to believe we will see a more run oriented offense this season with Sark. Shorten the game, pull back on the fast paced "run as many plays as we can" mentality and go back to more of a grind it out type approach.
As much as people pile on Sark for the 2016 season title game, if he had a QB who could complete a pass then Alabama would've won in a romp like this past season's result for Clemson.

I think you're right which is why we brought on Flood at OLC and Sark at OC/QBC. We're going to run the rock this year and make every quality opponent we face spend more time on figuring out how to contain Harris and Robinson than our WRs and QB.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It is not this incident, but the overall pattern that is worrisome. But BIGTide is right. It is defense that wins championships. Alabama has won several NCs with great defense and "game manager" QBs. If this year's defense is great, Bama will roll.
And we also lost a National championship with possibly the greatest College Football Defense of All time. Game mangers aren't enough anymore....

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
And we also lost a National championship with possibly the greatest College Football Defense of All time. Game mangers aren't enough anymore....
We lost that game to a defense that played and adjusted better than ours did in the second half.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
He subjects himself to a lot of hits by trying to extend plays.....

I wish he would learn to use that skill less often -- sometimes just run out of bounds.....or throw it away. Save your body....
Yes, please be a little more Kyler Murrayish. He moved around a lot, but somehow managed to avoid a lot of hits. He either went down, out of bounds or something, but he stayed healthy. I want to see Tua still upright at the end of the year.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I still believe Alabama's chances of winning the NC or even making it into the playoffs will depend on the defense. I had rather win games 24-14 than 38-28.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think you're right which is why we brought on Flood at OLC and Sark at OC/QBC. We're going to run the rock this year and make every quality opponent we face spend more time on figuring out how to contain Harris and Robinson than our WRs and QB.
That would be amazing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.