Tua to New England?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Stidham will be the guy behind center for the Pats. They ain’t trading up a ridiculous amount of picks to acquire Tua.

Tua’s best shot of upgrading will be the Chargers.

Reactions: The Ols

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Not going to happen.
I don't think it will either. Doesn't seem like they give up a lot of anything for players. Besides what Brady turned into, I can only think of one star they picked up and that would be Randy Moss. I don't watch the NFL very often but they just have great role players and not a team of superstars.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It is ridiculous to think the Pats could find another gem QB in the 6th round. Eventually they have to take a shot at someone in the first round.
I think the only aggressive pick I could see the Pats making at this point is getting Cam, but even that is crazy considering what they would have to give up and how short term of a move it would be. The Pats with a limited OTA period are going to go with a qb they trust or invested in and that’s why the addition of Hoyer makes so much sense. The organization really likes Stidham and if they don’t think he is ready then Hoyer has been in that system too.

I think New England under Belichick won’t draft a 1st round quarterback, and they won’t find a diamond in the rough in the 6th round either. I think they will draft their franchise qb in the 2nd to 4th rounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

FaninLA

2nd Team
Jul 9, 2019
Cantonment, FL
I think the only aggressive pick I could see the Pats making at this point is getting Cam, but even that is crazy considering what they would have to give up and how short term of a move it would be. The Pats with a limited OTA period are going to go with a qb they trust or invested in and that’s why the addition of Hoyer makes so much sense. The organization really likes Stidham and if they don’t think he is ready then Hoyer has been in that system too.

I think New England under Belichick won’t draft a 1st round quarterback, and they won’t find a diamond in the rough in the 6th round either. I think they will draft their franchise qb in the 2nd to 4th rounds.
I agree with your assessment. Plus, the Patriots don’t seem to have a lot of draft capital to trade up that far.

As much as I hate to say it, Cam Newton would make sense, but that will never happen with the organizational philosophy in place.

If Cam is healthy, I think he ends up in Charger land.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I agree with your assessment. Plus, the Patriots don’t seem to have a lot of draft capital to trade up that far.

As much as I hate to say it, Cam Newton would make sense, but that will never happen with the organizational philosophy in place.

I'm hoping it's some West Coast team that never gets broadcast in the ATL. :D I think the dude is legit crazy. Amazing talent. Totally wacko.

• Haha
Reactions: Con and The Ols

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I think too many believe Belichick is going to be able to easily do it without Brady that they are making these “super” free agency moves without considering how Belichick operates and how the Pats work. They aren’t going to pay Cam for more than two years like he wants or guarantee him a starting position like he wants either. I think they are interested only if they can get the better end of the deal. Which Cam’s track record points to probably not going to happen.

So I think Stidham and Hoyer are Tom Brady’s unexciting heirs for 2020. But both are the type of quarterback that would be the type of quarterback that you could see Belichick making his quarterback

Reactions: FaninLA

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I think too many believe Belichick is going to be able to easily do it without Brady that they are making these “super” free agency moves without considering how Belichick operates and how the Pats work. They aren’t going to pay Cam for more than two years like he wants or guarantee him a starting position like he wants either. I think they are interested only if they can get the better end of the deal. Which Cam’s track record points to probably not going to happen.

So I think Stidham and Hoyer are Tom Brady’s unexciting heirs for 2020. But both are the type of quarterback that would be the type of quarterback that you could see Belichick making his quarterback
The "tail" of two quarterbacks...

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like the Saints move up and grab him at 2. Have a feeling it wont come down to only Miami and SD, and 5 and 6 are too late.

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like the Saints move up and grab him at 2. Have a feeling it wont come down to only Miami and SD, and 5 and 6 are too late.
The Saints would have to give up a fortune to get Tua. Right now I would say the Raiders and Bucs are probably the only outsiders with some weapons willing to take a huge gamble for Miami’s pick on Tua. Miami is going to ask a lot for that pick. New Orleans probably made the biggest mistake on banking their future on Tayson Hill over Bridgewater.

Reactions: FaninLA

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The Dolphins are my team but they suck so bad I'd hate to see Tua end up there because of my respect for him.

At least we had some good years when Shula was our coach.

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Dolphins are my team but they suck so bad I'd hate to see Tua end up there because of my respect for him.

At least we had some good years when Shula was our coach.
The problem with the Dolphins is the same thing that has plagued the Jets and Bills. Dumb decisions to try to keep up with the Triumvirate in Boston. Now the Patriots are set to be in a rebuilding phase of their own. I think the Dolphins having 3 1st round picks could be the start in the right direction. I don't think Tua going to Miami is as bad as people think.

Reactions: Con and DogPatch

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.